The Redhead

As soon as my feet touched the grass, I shifted and started to sniff the air, trying to find Clarke's scent.

Within 5 seconds of smelling the air, I quickly caught onto his scent and raced after him. I hope nothing bad happened to him yet. I would never be able to forgive myself, despite barely knowing him for a few of hours. The weird sensation I felt when Teresa challenged me came back to me again, and I noticed snow began to fall from the sky.

Something felt oddly wrong.

While running through the thick forest, the scenery calmed me down slightly. I forgot how beautiful it was here. The wind felt amazing against my fur, and the smell of Oak trees filled my nostrils. The soil beneath me was warm and a soft cushion for my paws. On the mountain we endured it's freezing, cold temperatures. Sometimes the snow was as hard as a rock, other times is was as soft as sand. Being up in the mountains was a beautiful experience but after a while, you kind of get tired staring at the same scenery over and over again. I guess the only colorful thing there besides the snow was the Northern lights and the stars.

I stopped beside a tall cliff — the one where me and my brother would see the Uley pack dive off of — when I caught a weird scent mix in with Clarke's. It smelt awful. I couldn't pinpoint to what animal it belonged to. If it even belonged to an animal.

I raised my head and howled, hoping that Clarke heard me. I stared out into the horizon, watching as the sun almost set. When I didn't get a response back, I turned away from the cliff to go look around the woods for him. A second before I lifted my paw up, a twig snapped.

I tensed up and immediately turned around, slightly lowering my body to the ground, preparing myself to jump out of dangers way or fight it.

Another twig snapped, this time, to my right.

I squinted my eyes, trying to see past all the trees to see what made that noise.

• Clarke? • I tried to communicate with him if he was around.

Another twig snapped from above the trees. My head rose and ears perked up. Just then, a women dropped down from the trees. Her hair was red, and her skin as pale as snow.

'Vampire.'

 I felt the wind grow stronger as my heart raced. She chuckled, and that's when I saw her sharp fangs.

This was the vampire Jacob was talking about.

She took a step forward and I growled, standing tall. 

She sighed and shook her head, looking at me funny. "I haven't seen you around here before..." I bared my teeth at her. "What a shame," she clicked her tongue. "You're the prettiest mutt I've seen so far." She stalked towards me. With each step she took, I backed away, nearly slipping off the edge of the cliff. "Too bad you're the only thing around. I'm hungry."

Before I could even blink, she charged at me, full speed. There wasn't enough time for me to react and I tried my best to jump out of the way before she could get to me.

• (Y/N)! •

Just a second before I became encased within the vampire's grasp, a hidden figure jumped out from behind one of the tall trees and slammed into her. The wolf that jumped out had whiteish, grey fur.

• Clarke! •

He had the vampire pinned under him, but she pushed him off of her and jumped up. Her playful demeanor was completely gone now, and her eyes reflected full rage.

She launched towards Clarke, shoving him into the same tree he hid behind. The blood sucker grabbed Clarke's hind leg and began squeezing it with all her strength until a disturbing popping sound was made. A blood curdling howl tore from Clarke's throat as he desperately tried to crawl away from the vampire. I didn't move from my spot. I was frozen with fear. I've never encountered a vampire before, let alone fought one. The wind whipped my skin and snow fluttered quicker around us. The redhead stared around in confusion while her hair thrashed around in the wind.

A cry of fear broke me out of my trance. Clarke's cry.

• (Y/N), HELP ME! •

Clarke...

He began to cry out in pain once more when the vampire took ahold of his other hind leg, copying her previous actions. I watched her palm tighten around his leg, still frozen in fear.

'Move.

Move, (Y/n).

MOVE!'

"White Fang isn't going to help you," she taunted.

More dread filled my body when she mentioned that name. How could she know? She must have been watching us the entire time since we came down from the mountains.

I moved my gaze to Clarke. His eyes held desperation and betrayal. His alpha wasn't helping him when he needed them the most.

Was this the leader I wanted to be?

Finally breaking out of my trans, I ran towards the vampire at a speed I never knew I could achieve. My jaws snapped towards the vampire as she jumped into the air.

Once the redhead landed, she smiled at me before turning around and sprinting into the forest. An angry growl left my mouth and I chased after her, completely forgetting about Clarke. All I saw was red. I was going to kill this vampire and make her suffer the same way she made Clarke suffer, no matter what. My body was fuming in anger. How could I have been so weak? I displayed unworthiness to my youngest pack member. There's no doubt he wouldn't tell the others.

I was so wrapped up in my mind that I didn't even notice some of the other wolves join me in the chase.

"I'LL RIP YOU TO SHREDS, YOU BLOOD SUCKING LEECH!"

We were right on her heels. I advanced towards her, my jaws almost locking around her arm. Before I could catch her, the vampire jumped onto the Cullen's territory. Unfortunately for the leech, the Cullen's were waiting for her.

The chase kept going and I forced myself to run faster, pushing myself past my limit once she jumped back onto our territory. The blizzard followed us as we ran after the vampire. I was right on her heels, so close to sinking my teeth into her when I saw the silhouette of a man jump towards us from the other side of the creek. My head snapped towards him, ready for an attack.

Before the bloodsucker could land on our territory, Paul immediately pounced on whoever was mid-air and pushed them down into the creek. Everyone's attention shifted onto the man and watched as his chest heaved up and down, glaring at us. Due to our distraction, the redhead gained enough distance from us in order to escape. 

• Dammit! She got away! • I was rigid. I wanted to end that vampire's life more than anything, and I wanted to do it now.

I looked towards the vampire in the water. I wanted to take my anger out on him and rip his head off.

• I know what you're thinking. Don't do it. • Quil warned.

• We'll catch her one day, I promise. • Paul tried reassuring me.

• That day needs to be today. • I bared my teeth at the man in the water, showing him and the others he's with my deep rage and hatred for them.

I stood on the edge of the creek, catching my breath. The snow around us seemed to slowly disappear once I calmed down. There was definitely a connection between me and these random blizzards. They kept appearing whenever something bad was happening, intensifying depending on the situation. I wasn't the only one who noticed it this time. I could hear Jared and Quil talking about it as they walked back to Sam's house.

I stared down at the ground, getting lost in my head for what seemed to be the millionth time today. 

I gasped. 

• Clarke! •