Seven

In a dimly lit room, the air heavy with tension, Bogummy sat on the edge of their bed, sipping on a glass of strong gin. Aecha, adorned in a delicate nightgown, moved about the room with a sense of detachment. The flickering shadows from the dim bedside lamp danced across their faces, highlighting the complexity of emotions in the room.

Bogummy's gaze followed Aecha's every movement, his eyes reflecting a storm of conflicting thoughts. The clinking of the ice cubes in his glass echoed in the silence as he contemplated the weight of the recent revelation about Aecha's pregnancy with Taehyung's child.

Aecha, with a stoic expression, continued her nightly routine, seemingly unfazed by the palpable tension. The room felt like a battlefield, words left unsaid lingering in the air. As she stood by the bedside, her eyes met Bogummy's, a silent confrontation in the dim glow of the room.

The only sounds were the occasional sips of gin, and the tension in the room thickened as they stood on the precipice of a conversation that could alter the course of their lives.

Bogummy, swirling the contents of his glass, finally broke the heavy silence that enveloped the room. "After you've given birth to Taehyung's child, I want a daughter," he said with an air of authority.

Aecha, her gaze fixed on the floor, responded with an icy detachment. "A daughter? You have lofty expectations, considering the circumstances."

The words hung in the air, tension escalating with each passing moment. Bogummy's request seemed to echo with an unspoken demand, and Aecha's cold response betrayed the layers of complexities entwined in their relationship. The dim room bore witness to a conversation that danced on the fragile line between expectations and the harsh reality they found themselves in.

Bogummy, unyielding in his demand, leaned forward, his eyes intense. "You're my wife, Aecha. It's your duty to give me a child whenever I desire."

Aecha met his gaze with an unwavering coldness. "Duty, you say? I'll need a year or two after giving birth to Taehyung's child before even considering the idea of getting pregnant again."

Her words hung heavy in the air, a stark reminder of the fractured dynamics of their relationship. The room, lit only by the soft glow of a dim lamp, bore witness to a conversation that spoke volumes about power, control, and the struggle for autonomy in a situation neither had chosen.

Bogummy, after a cynical chuckle, uttered, "Yeah, right," dismissing Aecha's reasoning. Unmoved by her resistance, he delivered a cold command, "Undress."

Aecha, attempting to explain her predicament, softly stated, "Bogummy, I'm pregnant, and I need to rest. I can't..."

Interrupting her, Bogummy raised his voice, "Enough! I don't care. I told you to undress, and you will." The room echoed with the tension, Aecha caught between Bogummy's demand and the limitations her pregnancy imposed.

Aecha, maintaining her composure, detachedly removed her nightgown cover, letting it fall to the floor. Despite her cold demeanor, Bogummy, with a hint of sarcasm, demanded, "in a pretty way."

Aecha's gaze remained defiant, but she begrudgingly hooked her hand in her nightdress. In a calculated act of defiance, she removed it with an air of detachment, letting it pool at her feet as her eyes locked onto Bogummy's with a steely resolve. The room held an uneasy tension, an unspoken battle for control playing out in the stark silence.

Aecha, complying with Bogummy's dismissal, bent to pick up her nightgown cover, dressing herself. In an abrupt turn of events, Bogummy's fingers closed around Aecha's delicate wrist with a forceful grip as she attempted to leave. The suddenness of his action disrupted her balance, causing her to stumble and fall onto the bed. The room, once a quiet witness to their tumultuous dynamics, now resonated with a tense energy.