02

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺
↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Having tidied up the house and prepared a meal in anticipation of her sister's arrival, Ennik felt a surge of excitement. Months had passed since they could attend her graduation and birthday due to work and school commitments. Despite convincing herself she'd be fine without them, the year had been lonely. Ennik realized she missed the bickering, movie nights, school mornings, and hangout car rides. The only silver lining was the occasional opportunity to steal items from her sister's room.

Ennik, alerted by the doorbell, rushed to open it. As it swung open, she was met with the sight of her two sisters, each holding suitcases and tote bags.

"Ermmm, what are you doing here?" Ennik raised an eyebrow, sizing up her sisters.

"What are YOU doing here? I thought this was Mom's house?" Nicole retorted, feigning a survey of the yard.

"Yeah, that's my house, so you can go now." Ennik theatrically flipped her hair, prompting laughter from her sisters. Nicole enveloped Ennik in a hug. "I missed you," Nicole said, drawing out the "you."

"I missed you too!" Ennik responded, breaking the hug to embrace her sister Nari. "You grew taller since Christmas," Nari pointed out.

"And skinnier," Nicole added. "What can I say, working out has its own magic," Ennik quipped.

"Come inside; I made pasta," Ennik announced, leading the way. "Ah, yes, the famous Ennik pasta," Nicole teased. "I haven't had it since Thanksgiving!" Nari chimed in.

"I haven't had it since I moved out!" Nicole exclaimed in mock shock.

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"Let's go out; I miss LA," Nicole suggested as she began clearing everyone's dishes to the sink.

"I'm down, as long as we go somewhere open," Nari agreed, taking the dishes from Nicole.

"I'll do the dishes; you guys unpack in your rooms. You just came from a lengthy flight," Ennik offered, taking the dishes and heading to the kitchen to wash them, while her sisters went to unpack and rest.

R speaking!

Writing this and also knowing what is coming up is so funny 💀