14

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺
↠ⁿᵉˣᵗ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ↺ ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ ⊜ ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘
𝐢𝐫𝐥
∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The Scobells and Chois were all gathered around the dinner table on the eve of Nicole's departure back to NYC.

"Alright, I've got some news to share," Nari announced, setting down her fork. All eyes turned to her. "I've been considering a change in majors at NYU, and I recently got accepted to Gannon University. It's not as good as NYU but I always wanted to be in Pennsylvania with you guys"

Leena and Nicole exchanged excited glances. "Wait, does that mean you're moving to Pennsylvania?" Leena inquired.

Nari nodded. "Yes, if I can afford the dorm fees," she explained.

Heather smiled warmly at Nari. "Well, it's not too far from our house, so if you're okay with it, you're welcome to stay with us," she offered.

Nari's face lit up with gratitude. "Thank you, Mrs. Scobell," she said sincerely.

"I've also got news to share," Nicole announced, her voice tinged with excitement. She held up her hand, revealing a sparkling ring. "I'm engaged!"

Her announcement was met with gasps of surprise and delighted chatter around the table. Nari's eyes widened in shock, while Ennik and leena exchanged joyful smiles.

"He finally popped the question!" Nicole exclaimed, unable to contain her happiness.

Nari leaned in eagerly. "Tell us everything!"

As Nicole launched into the story of the proposal, the room filled with laughter and excitement, enveloping the family in a shared moment of celebration.

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

As everyone chatted in the living room, Ennik sat alone at the dining table with her laptop, engrossed in a Netflix show. Suddenly, an email notification popped up on her screen, catching her attention. Intrigued, she clicked on it to read its contents.

Dear Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to provide an update on the status of our production, "Echoes of Silence."

Unfortunately, due to the current strike affecting the entertainment industry, we have been forced to make the difficult decision to cancel the production of our series. This decision was not made lightly, and we understand the disappointment and frustration this may cause for all of you who have worked tirelessly on this project.

While this cancellation is disappointing, we are exploring alternative options and avenues for the future of the project.

Thank you for your understanding and continued commitment to excellence.

Best regards,
James

Ennik's heart sank as she read the email, feeling the weight of failure settle over her once again. Acting had always been her dream; from her early days performing in school plays, she had felt alive on stage. The excitement of her first filming experience had filled her with hope, but it seemed like disappointment followed her at every turn. Despite making friends and finding joy in her craft, the hate and criticism she received left her doubting her ability to succeed as an actress.

Perhaps acting wasn't meant to be Ennik's path after all. As she contemplated her future, she considered the possibility of focusing on her YouTube channel instead. Creating content and sharing her life with others had always brought her joy, and maybe that was where her true talent lay. Alternatively, she could pursue a career in ice skating, something she had always loved and excelled at. Yet, the fear lingered that she might fail in both endeavors, just as she had in her acting pursuits.

Ennik's heart weighed heavily as disappointment settled in. With a heavy sigh, she gathered her belongings and retreated to her room, seeking solace in sleep.

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Ennik woke up in the middle of the night, her throat parched. She made her way to the kitchen to quench her thirst. As she poured water into her glass, Pete entered the kitchen.

"Hey Ennik, why did you sleep so early? We played board games and watched a movie. It was so fun," Pete asked Ennik. Ennik remembered what happened last night, and she was visibly upset.

"Are you okay?" Pete asked. Ennik was on the verge of tears; the last thing she wanted was someone to ask her what's wrong. "Yeah, uhm, I'm fine," Ennik tried to say, struggling to hold back her tears.

Ennik continued to cry, her emotions overwhelming her. "I'm such a failure," she sobbed, her voice barely audible. "I thought this was my chance, but I just keep failing over and over again."

Pete's heart ached as he watched her cry. He moved closer and wrapped his arms around her, offering a comforting embrace. "Ennik, you are not a failure," he said softly, holding her close. "You've faced setbacks before, but you've always found a way to overcome them. This is just another bump in the road, and I know you have the strength to rise above it."

As Ennik gradually composed herself, she pulled away from Pete's embrace, wiping away her tears. "Thank you, Pete," she said, her voice filled with gratitude. "I needed to hear that."

Pete gave her a reassuring smile. "Anytime, Ennik. Remember, you're not alone in this. We're all here for you."

Ennik nodded, feeling a sense of comfort wash over her.

R speaking!

Low key don't know if this is good enough 🤨
Something feels missing but oh well

+
Notice something about this chapter? I felt the need to add the ending 🤷‍♀️