Till Old & Grey -13

Karishma was watering the plants humming a melodious tone merrily hinting about her happy mood, the plants she and Haseena buried on the last day. She now want to persue them, cherish them till they grow up.

The glow of happiness and peacefulness was in her every breath until her one of friend gauri approach near her with a
heart-breaking news.

"Krishu....vo!" she pause a bit and seeing her confuse face, spilled the beans in one breath "Yrr pushpa Auntie ko kuch hoon gaya hain....jaldi chal"

Karishma gets numb receiving such news as she immediately throwing the thing in her hand, run to her mother.

Pushpa ji was laying on bed in her room with closed eyes. Her face was pale and totally dull. Its been months since karishma noticing the changes in her mother's health. Pushpa ji becoming more dull and weak day by day which worried karishma that's why she asked her mother to consult with doctor but she opposed her proposals for some unknown reasons but karishma was hell adamant.

She tried to convince her, threathed her, blackmailed her even kept hunger strike. Despite of everything pushpa ji kept opposing her daughter's request.

"Amma! apko kiya hua?" Karishma positioned herself beside her mother as tears spills down effortlessly. Pushpa ji gradually open her eyelids and pass a assurance-weakly smile.

"Thik hoon ab kuch nahi hua mujhe!" she said.

Karishma - "Nhi ap theek nhi hain hum aaj hi jaa rahe hain doctor ke pass" she spoke up frustrately wiping her tears by the back of her hand as she continued, "Hum bohot waqt se dekh rahe hain apke health mein changes aa rahe hain...ap mein kitni kamzori aa gayi hain....jo ap golgappe pe jaan chidakti hain humne apko kitne waqt se khate hue bhi nhi dekha..."

"I damn sure kuch baat hain ap humse kuch chippa rahi hain na?" she added.

Pushpa ji instantly look away and fumbled, "Aisi koi baat nhi hain krishuu tu zyada soch rhi hain"

Karishma - "Phir theek hain yeh baat hume doctor se sunna hain..."

Pushpa ji - "Theek hain phir main dr.sharma se appointment le leti hoon, phone pass kar hamara"

Karishma - "Koi zarorat nhi hain" she directly denied. "Hum kisi aur dr. ke pass jaa rahe hain....phir shayad hume saach pata chal jaayega jo ap humse chipane ki koshish bhi kar rhi hain"

Pushpa ji close her eyes remorsefully as she know now there's no escape for her.

__

Later, at 11:00 a.m. one cab halt near singh nivas. Karishma take her in hospital.

Many tests went on behind the close doors. Karishma sitting outside, patiently waited until all the tests get cleared and dr. Called her.

In the dr. Cabin

Karishma - "Dr. uncle apko kiya pata chala...zyada kuch serious nhi hain na?"

Her voice hopeful yet impatient. She finger crossed under the table.

Dr. - "Well now i got it kyu pushpa ji ne tumse inki bimari chipayi...shayad tum woh sehe nhi paogi"

Karishma gulped a fearful lumb as she quickly quibbed, "Bimari?amma theek hain na?
kuch zyada serious hain kiya?"

Dr. sighing remove his glasses and place it on the table, "She has brain cancer"

"Aur yeh unka last stage chal raha hain, bohot kam waqt hain unke pass, truely said bohot kam waqt!" he declared.

Karishma's world got upside down.
Her heart broke into zillion pieces yet through the every pieces she can feel immense agony. Sweeping off the saline droplets, she walk off from the cabin silently just like a human without any spirit.