Chapter 216: Celebration Suspended

Wen Yongwei revealed a flattered smile.

Wen Yaoming himself hadn’t expected the producer to receive him personally.

Although the Wen Family was famous, they hadn’t infiltrated the film industry much. Otherwise, Wen Yaoming wouldn’t have been involved in ordinary movies.

It was obvious what it meant for Liu Ning to receive him personally.

Furthermore, he was personally receiving him on the red carpet! This honor was too much!

Wen Yongwei could not help but look at her brother and say, “It must be because your acting skills have been recognized! Next, you will definitely have no problem participating in ‘Burning Sun, Long Sky’!”

Wen Yaoming looked back at Wen Yongwei. “Your wish to sing the theme song for it should be fulfilled now.”

The siblings looked at each other and smiled. Even with their calm footsteps, they could not hide their eagerness and joy as they walked towards Liu Ning.

“Producer Liu!” Wen Yaoming greeted enthusiastically.

Liu Ning nodded at them as a form of greeting.

Wen Yaoming stepped forward and held Liu Ning’s hand.

The reporters quickly captured this scene.

Wen Yongwei also displayed her gracious smile.

In just a few seconds, she sensed that Liu Ning’s mood was not right. The smile on his face was polite, but he did not seem to be willing to pay attention to her. For a moment, she felt as if she had made a mistake, but what could be wrong?

However, the next second, Liu Ning retracted his hand, as if he had something else to do.

Although these movements were very slight and Liu Ning had given them enough face, his desire to leave the place was especially obvious in the brightly lit film festival.

When he appeared in front of the reporters, the subtle impatience was hard to ignore.

Wen Yaoming and Wen Yongwei were both a little embarrassed, knowing that they had made a mistake.

When Liu Ning appeared somewhere, it was very likely that he would be there to receive a certain colleague, perhaps a member of the film crew, perhaps a movie big shot, or even an old artist.

With this thought, the siblings felt even more embarrassed, but as long as they didn’t show that they were embarrassed, the shame could be ignored. They didn’t reveal anything and calmly walked forward until they reached the stage.

Then, they looked back and saw Jennie stepping onto the red carpet.

Jennie walked over alone and was not dressed up. With her appearance, she would be easily chased off the red carpet as a fan.

Who would dare to walk the red carpet dressed like this?

The lighting of the scene could very well make a person dressed like this look like a cleaning lady.

However, when Jennie stepped onto the red carpet, the lighting seemed to have been specially adjusted for her. Not only did it not steal her radiance, it even made her glow.

She had come in her plainest clothes, but the reporters automatically took photos of her, afraid that they would miss her.

“Is that Jennie?”

“Uh huh. It’s Little Stone!”

“She looks so much better in person!”

“She’s so cool!”