Chapter 219: Unwilling to Pair Up

At that time, he had worked hard in the entertainment industry and didn’t have much income. However, Dong-wook had given up his identity as the young master of the Lee family and gone through a few ups and downs just to act in a good movie.

However, for the sake of the Lee family’s business, he had had no choice but to retreat and return home to help the Lee family out of their predicament. Then, something happened to his leg…

How could So-yeon not feel sorry for her husband? What had happened over the years had limited his life.

Seeing that he refused to eat, So-yeon said, “Jennie is coming soon.”

“Bring the food over. I’ll eat first,” Dong-wook said immediately.

He didn’t want his daughter to worry.

So-yeon laughed. “Alright, after my daughter came back, I guess I lost any influence I had.”

“My wife is also very important.” Dong-wook reached out to hold her hand.

When Jennie came in, she saw her parents talking intimately.

So-yeon felt a little embarrassed in front of her daughter. She retracted her hand and called out to Jennie. “Jennie, come over quickly. Have some soup with your father.”

Jennie sat down to drink the soup and asked about Dong-wook’s condition.

Happiness was written over Dong-wook’s thick eyebrows. “Very good. The situation has always been good.”

“I’ll give you some more acupuncture,” said Jennie.

So-yeon immediately helped to lift the blanket and support Dong-wook.

The two of them cooperated with Jennie. They would do whatever she wanted. Even if it didn’t have any effect, it would be fine as long as their daughter was happy.

When Jennie was performing the acupuncture, she saw the script that Dong-wook was hiding under the pillow.

She smiled. ‘I guess I won’t have to give a part to my father for a while.’

When she was performing the acupuncture, she said slowly, “It should be fine if you take care of yourself. Dad, you have to have confidence in yourself.”

“I do.” Although Dong-wook had regrets regarding his career now, with his children by his side, his regrets were shrinking.

Not everyone was as lucky as him to have such good children and family.

Jennie put away the needle and said gently, “Rest well then. If you feel anything in your legs, tell Big Brother immediately.”

She walked out and happened to see Sehun, who was wearing a white coat, walking by hurriedly.

Recently, Sehun had also been very busy.

When they found out that he had returned to China, many wealthy and powerful people had come to him just to get a diagnosis. Even though some of them had illnesses, ordinary doctors were skilled enough to deal with them, but these people had both money and power. They valued their lives more than anything else.

Sehun’s schedule was packed everyday.

Even so, Sehun still insisted on staying in the hospital for at least half a day to consult and treat ordinary patients.

This was the benevolence of a doctor. He studied medicine not only for the sake of money, but also for the sake of power.

Jennie had always admired her brother for this.