Chapter 14: Violence causes silence

Liam above

TRIGGER WARNING

Liam POV

Puking my guts out, I wonder what the hell is wrong with me. For two weeks, I haven't felt that good, and my wolf keeps a more considerable distance from me, and I wonder why. I also had bigger problems with falling asleep.

Jared once kicked me so strongly in the stomach that I puked a lot of blood. I close my eyes, trying to push all the memories away, but I know it's futile. I think my brain tries to punish me for staying alive, for allowing Malcolm to die.

When Jared got us from our father, he took Malcolm and me to Alaska. However, unlike most of the rogues who travel north, he didn't move deep into the direction of Arctica but set his camp close to the Canada border—not close enough to attract attention from the Murrow Clan, but close enough to be noticed by them. He was close to the three packs located in the Sitka area.

My brother and I heard whispers that the packs were close, so we made our only attempt to escape. Then, we found out that werewolves should never have been trusted. The pack's patrol found us and gave us back to Jared, who had a deal with those three packs.

Jared was supplying them: the rogue women in our group served as prostitutes for the pack warriors and the weaker men from our group, too. The stronger helped the pack smuggle some illegal things from time to time. In exchange, the packs didn't attack nor report us, and their closeness kept our camp safe from other bands of rogues.

In the rogues' camp, where we were held against our will, most things happened to Malcolm first. He was the first one to be hit for being insolent, the first one to be whipped by Jared, and the first one whose bones were broken. He was an Alpha wolf, so he was also given more physical work than me simply because, as an Omega, I was weaker.

The only thing that happened first to me was rape...

Jared chose to sell Malcolm for the first time after half of the year since he had us; one of the pack warriors noticed us in the camp and made a suggestion. Since the first time, my brother had regular visits... I think the warriors especially enjoyed that they could dominate the Alpha boy, which helped them rub their egos. The only mercy the Goddess showed us was that there were not so many visits. Malcolm was mainly used to working physically and as a punching bag in the camp; the sexual obligations were regular but less frequent... unlike in my case.

Jared didn't wait half of the year before he started. He raped me for the first time the same night he settled our permanent camp in Alaska. He mentioned something about finally being set for life. Now I know that the deal with those three packs gave him a feeling of safety. He thought we would be able to live in his camp for the rest of his life.

That night, when he dragged me to his tent, he told me that he had chosen me for himself, that one day I would bear his children since I was an Omega, but I came from the line of Alphas, so I would be able to give him strong sons.

Like every banished rogue, Jared dreamed about having his own pack one day.

He said he intended to wait until I got older; he intended to wait for my first heat, but he changed his mind because I was so pretty. He ripped me inside. I lost so much blood and couldn't move for many days after, and Jared only told the girl and my brother who were tending to me that if I hadn't healed myself, it meant I wouldn't be strong enough to bear his heir, and he would have found another one.

It turned out I was strong enough to heal myself. I ended up lying under him very soon again when my brother was beaten to the inch of his life for trying to prevent it. Jared was more careful this time; still in pain and sick with disgust; at least I was able to move after he finished.