|| Chapter 9: Moving In With Max ||

3rd Person's POV

Francine and Maximilian ate in silence. The silence was deafening and awkward. Max cleared his throat to ease the awkward atmosphere.

" Cine...I've been thinking, are you willing to move in with me? "

Francine looked up at Max and raised an eyebrow.

Max saw her raising her eyebrows and felt that she's too cute. " My space is already full and there are still many supplies in my house. I plan to go to the capital with my subordinates in about three days."

Max patiently explained to Francine and waited for her answer.

Francine fell into a deep thought . Francine knew that the subordinates Max was talking about were his three teammates.

One is Killian Scott, Max's assistant. The other is Keith, his bodyguard and lastly, Riley. He seems to be Max's classmate.

Francine thought about this for a long time. But she was a little regretful that she would leave her house so soon. She spent so much money on this house and she felt like she wasted her money.

Francine sighed and was about to give up her house and agree to Max's suggestion when the system's voice suddenly sounded.

[ Mistress, you don't need to worry. You can put the house in the space. ]

Francine was a little confused. Does the space really has that function?

[ Yes, Mistress. ]

After hearing the system's confirmation, Francine smiled faintly. She looked at Max then nodded. " Okay ."

Max originally thought it would be hard to persuade Francine but he didn't expect it to be easy.

He smiled at her and continued eating, savoring Francine's delicious cooking.

Well, he wasn't telling a lie. Francine's cooking was really delicious .

After they finished eating, Max hurriedly shooed Francine away from the kitchen and nagged her to go rest.

Francine was helpless against his nagging and went to her room to rest.

Francine washed up in the bathroom before she went to the space.

She checked if she still lacked some supplies.

Francine didn't lacked food. Even if she supports thousands of people, her supplies can last for hundred of years.

But what she really lacked are medicines and weapons. She also lacked some generators and other machines.

Thinking of this , Francine decided to talk to Max about this. For now, she decided to take a rest.

...

Max just finished cleaning up the kitchen when his phone rang. He picked it up and saw his father's name displayed on the screen.

" Hello ? " Max answered with a flat voice, without any emotion. It was different from his gentle and doting tone he uses when talking to Francine.