3. Hotel Decent

Come on! " said the guy.

While running Taehyung was looking out for someone who would help him. Spotting a person's back in a dark alleyway, he realized that he was four-eyes. He immediately started running after him. The guy followed him on his bike. Meanwhile, Jungkook strolled casually with hands in his pockets.

Taehyung approached Jungkook, turning him to face him. Jungkook was shocked to see him.

"You? You again missed your train?" asked Jungkook.

Without a word Taehyung simply hugged him out of happiness. Jungkook didn't reciprocate, but he didn't pull away either. Jungkook had left his black blazer at the station so now he was in his white shirt. He saw biker, who was now driving away from them.

Taehyung was still hugging him, and said "To date, I haven't felt this much happiness by meeting anyone."

"Who was that joker on the bike? and How did you miss your train again?" asked Jungkook.

Taehyung decided to tell him later what happened with him and ignored his question. He broke the hug and forwarded his hand for a handshake.

"Hi! I am Kim Taehyung." He said introducing himself.

Jungkook shook his hand with him.

"I am Jungkook."

"Jungkook!" Taehyung exclaimed happily.

"Jungkook! ....Pleased to meet you Jungkook. Infact I have never felt as pleased meeting anybody as I feel after meeting you now" said Taehyung.

Jungkook was looking at him with his one hand on his waist. They are now standing in a dark alleyway with no one around.

"You are the one who has started all these problems! I will not let you go. You will take me home. I have seen that you have money in your wallet. Now first of all, we should find a hotel so that we can stay the night and tomorrow morning we will head to Busan. Let's go." said Taehyung and started walking on the empty street.

Jungkook opened his mouth to say something but didn't said anything and agreed with Taehyung . As they walked through the deserted streets of the Daejeon, Taehyung's words flowed non-stop, filling the silence with his excitement and observations. They have to find a hotel so that they can stay for a night. It was midnight now so all the shops were closed, it was dark everywhere.

"I had never thought that one day I'll be roaming on the streets of this city

"I had never thought that one day I'll be roaming on the streets of this city. I used to see these streets, these houses from the train. Life is so strange! right?", said Taehyung excitedly.

"You are having a lot of fun, right? As if we have come for a picnic. You should be kept in a museum! People should be charged for seeing you!" said Jungkook, his gaze fixed on Taehyung.

Taehyung stopped in his tracks, turning to face Jungkook with a puzzled expression. "What's with you? And where were you supposed to be kept? You were on that train but had no idea where it was going! Then you nearly drive us off the road like a maniac, and now here we are, wandering the dark streets of a Daejeon!"

Frustration laced Taehyung's words as he inquired Jungkook for answers. "What is your problem? Tell me! ....Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! You don't share your problems with anybody. Right! You never open up about anything, do you? ....Fine, how about this - who's your favorite actor? It's not like it's a state secret or anything," Taehyung pressed on, determined to break through Jungkook's cold facade.

"Where am I and what I am doing?" exclaimed Jungkook, leaving an exasperated breath.

They both arrived at a small motel named Hotel Decent.
The motel looked like it hadn't seen a renovation in decades. The neon sign flickered intermittently, casting an eerie glow over the cracked parking lot.

Jungkook glanced and stood at the entry of the motel, exhaling softly with his arms crossed over his chest. Beside him, Taehyung bowed at him slightly.

"Come on, let's go inside!" Taehyung urged, breaking the silence with determination.

Upon entering the motel, they found themselves in a dimly lit lobby, where the reception area bore the marks of time and neglect. The air carried the faint scent of cigarette smoke and cleaning solution, lending the room a slightly musty odor. The receptionist, known as Kim Mingyu, greeted them with a friendly grin.

"How much do you charge a room for one day?" Jungkook inquired.

Mingyu eyed them cautiously before asking, "Are you looking for an hourly rate?"

Jungkook's expression darkened slightly at the implication. Mingyu asked this as he thought that Jungkook wanted to spend a night with Taehyung thinking he might be a callboy.

"Just answer what I am asking you! OK?", said Jungkook.

"How much for a room for a day?" Jungkook inquired.

Overhearing their exchange, Taehyung interjected, puzzled by the need for an entire day's stay. "Why do we need it for the whole day? We won't be staying here that long," he remarked, casting a quizzical glance at Jungkook.

"Let me handle this," Jungkook replied softly, leaning in to whisper to Taehyung.

Ignoring Jungkook's attempt to explain, Taehyung insisted, "We only need it for a few hours. Let's go with the hourly rate."

"Besides, we're short on cash." He whispered to Jungkook.

He said this as he didn't know that Jungkook is a CEO. Jungkook decided to stay quiet about it as he knew that it would be futile to argue with Taehyung .

"Taehyung! you are not understanding what he is..." said Jungkook. He aimed to convey to Taehyung that the receptionist suspected Taehyung of being a callboy. But as an innocent soul, Taehyung failed to grasp the receptionist's intentions.

Taehyung cut him off "be practical! Why do you feel ashamed. We need it just for few hours. We'll take the room on hour basis"

"How many hours?" asked Mingyu.

"2...... 2 hours will be enough?" Asked Taehyung while looking at Jungkook.

"Fine! To be on the safe side 3 hours. 3 hours are more than enough" Taehyung declared displaying three fingers.

"Ok "said the man

The receptionist again eyed him for permission, Jungkook simply shrugged his shoulders.

While Jungkook handled the payment, Taehyung took the key and stood at a short distance away, observing the motel with the curiosity of a child exploring a new environment.

In a hushed tone, Mingyu leaned towards Jungkook, his curiosity evident in his whispered question. "Where did you find him?" he inquired.

Jungkook, playing along, replied in a whisper, "On the train."

Surprised by this revelation, Mingyu exclaimed, "On the train? You met him on the train? Clever move."

To further maintain the pretense, Jungkook queried, "And what do you think of him?".

Mingyu, after stealing a glance at Taehyung, responded with approval, "Quite the catch. Handsome and alluring."

Unknown to them, Taehyung overheard fragments of their conversation. Silently retreating into the room, Taehyung settled onto the bed, a question lingering on his mind as Jungkook entered the room, he questioned him, "What were you discussing with the receptionist?"

_________________
Hey Queens,
What do you think about Jungkook in this story?
And also thankyou so much for reading this book this means so much to me.