5. Midnight Escape

"Excuse me? What's going on here?" asked Jungkook while standing at the doorway.

"It's a raid. Run!" Mingyu exclaimed before running away, mingling with the chorus of panicked voices shouting, "Police! Police!"

Taehyung came out of the room not understanding anything.

"What's happening?" asked Taehyung while looking at the crowd of people running.

"I'll explain later. Let's go!" Jungkook said while grabbing Taehyung's hand as they started running. Despite the urgency, Taehyung couldn't suppress his confusion, continually questioning their flight.

"What is happening here? Why are we running? "asked Taehyung. He didn't had any clue about why the motel was being raided.

"Everybody head downstairs! I will open the back door," shouted Mingyu, running alongside them.

As they burst out of the motel via the back exit, Jungkook released Taehyung's hand, so now Jungkook was running ahead of Taehyung.

Taehyung found himself running alongside Mingyu, he paused himself and asked Mingyu, "What's going on? Why are we running as if we're smugglers?"

"Next time, bring some luggage with you to convince the police that you're from a respectable family," Mingyu advised while pausing himself.

"But I forgot my luggage on the train," Taehyung replied innocently.

"It's the first time I've met someone like you. Why don't you just book the entire compartment meant for two people?" Mingyu remarked.

Confusion clouded Taehyung's mind as he tried to make sense of Mingyu's words.

Meanwhile, Jungkook was running ahead with the crowd until he realized Taehyung wasn't beside him. Turning back, he spotted Taehyung with Mingyu, he quickly approached them, and held Taehyung's hand.

Upon hearing Mingyu's advice about booking couple compartments, Jungkook nodded in agreement and said "Next time, without fail." While looking at Mingyu.

Together, they continued running until they reached the bus stop. They were running hand in hand in the dark alleyway, and it was midnight. They reached a bus stop. Gratefully, the bus stop was near. They were all alone now. Taehyung took a seat on the bus, while Jungkook hurried off to buy their tickets.

The bus was completely deserted, the only person being Taehyung, seated alone as the clock struck 2 in the dead of night. Lost in thought about the recent events, he glanced upwards and uttered a prayer: "Please God! This is the limit! Please don't give any more excitement for this night. Please, let the rest of the night be uneventful and boring! Please!"

Jungkook entered the bus with the tickets and sat on the seat so that he could face Taehyung.

"The bus will leave in the morning at 6 o'clock," said Jungkook.

"Thank God!" exclaimed Taehyung.

A sigh left Jungkook's lips as he asked,"Are you feeling sleepy?"

"No! What about you?"asked Taehyung.

Jungkook wanted to ask something to Taehyung but he was hesitating, he thought for a minute and concluded to just ask him.

"That...why were you asking me whether I like you or not?"asked Jungkook while remembering about Taehyung's question in the motel room.

Taehyung remembered and stood up excitedly in the center of the bus.

"Oh yes! Tell me, do you like me?" asked Taehyung while pointing his hands towards himself.

"But why?" replied Jungkook. He is likely caught off guard by Taehyung's direct question and the sincerity in his eyes.

"There is no need for a why. Do you find me attractive? I'm nice,sweet, pretty, and great, right? Tell me quickly," asked Taehyung and turned himself around so that Jungkook can look at him and give an answer.

Throughout their journey, Jungkook has witnessed Taehyung's infectious enthusiasm, his genuine care for others, and his ability to bring joy into seemingly mundane situations. Despite Jungkook's initial reluctance, he finds himself drawn to Taehyung's warmth and positivity, gradually softening his hardened exterior.

He realizes that his feelings for Taehyung have developed beyond mere companionship or gratitude for his assistance.

"Yes!" replied Jungkook with a smile.

"Yes?" Taehyung asked for confirmation, his eyes searching Jungkook's for validation.

"Yes!" said Jungkook.

His "yes" signifies his acknowledgment of his growing affection for Taehyung, which he labels as the beginning of a new friendship. Perhaps it can even be the beginning of romantic feelings.

"Perfect. If you like me, you will like my brother too. His name is Jimin,my cousin, he is just like me",said Taehyung while smiling and took a seat beside Jungkook.

"Listen! I am going to elope very soon with Yoongi. You and Jimin elope too. If Grandpa won't agree with our marriage, then all four of us will live together in the mountains. We'll have so much fun. what do you say?" said Taehyung excitedly.

Now that Jungkook had begun to appreciate Taehyung's warm and inviting demeanor, he decided to play along. Pretending to think, he suggested, "How about this? Why don't we run away? We will both get married and live in the mountains. Look! It's a convenient option. If we don't go to Busan right now, then technically we'll both be running away."

"But I am telling you that all four of us will run away. You run away with Jimin," said Taehyung,he was trying to set up Jungkook withJimin.

"But I want to run away with you," said Jungkook with a pout.

"Look! If you marry Jimin, then I'll be your brother-in-law," said Taehyung.

"But I want to run away with you," said Jungkook.

"I am talking to you about your marriage with my brother. And you are flirting with me!" said Taehyung.

"Do you always talk nonsense? Or is today a special occasion?" asked Jungkook.

"No! I always talk nonsense," said Taehyung happily.

"You... Actually, this is my first time meeting a boy like you," Jungkook said while smiling at Taehyung.

"Come to Busan. I will introduce you to one."Taehyung replied with a grin.

As the night enveloped them, Jungkook and Taehyung settled into their seats on the bus, exhaustion weighing heavily on their eyelids. The events of the day had left them drained, both physically and emotionally. They both slept until morning. The bus began to move, signaling the start of a new journey in their lives.

Jungkook's first impression of Taehyung was like a sudden burst of sunlight on a cloudy day. From the moment he laid eyes on him, he was struck by his radiant, boxy smile and the warmth in his eyes. There was an undeniable energy about him that drew him in, making him feel instantly at ease in his presence.

In the company of Taehyung, Jungkook was gradually shedding his reserved demeanor and embracing a newfound sense of openness.

As they embarked on adventures together, Jungkook found himself becoming more comfortable expressing his thoughts and emotions, no longer afraid to show his true self. Taehyung's boundless energy and positivity created a safe and welcoming environment for Jungkook to explore his own identity and interests, fostering a deep sense of camaraderie and mutual understanding between them.

__________________
Hey Queens
✨within this pitch black darkness, you're shining so brightly✨
.
.
Finally Jungkook's character development has started.I will reveal something about Jungkook's past in the next chapter.

Also want to thank each and every one of you who has taken the time to read my book. Your feedback, comments, and kind words are a source of motivation and inspiration for me to continue writing this book.