Part 15.

A/N:  Sorry this one is a bit late, I took a week long break from Wattpad. :) Also sorry about all the POV switches in this chapter.

Will POV:

"Who did this to you?"

The words were spoken softly, as if I'm a scared animal that Bruce was trying to coax closer.

Even if I particularly want to answer, I'm not sure my mouth will obey my commands. All the talk about my scars was bringing back some memories that I have tried, so hard,  to forget.

Burying the memories and emotions as deep down as I could manage, I shake my head timidly in response to his question.

I feel arms wrap around my waist, and I flinch back slightly. Noticing, the arms, Nico's arms, only squeeze a bit tighter. Hugging him back tentatively we sit in silence.

Dimly, I notice Bruce getting up and walking out of the room. Tears start to fall down my face, slowly at first but soon, I'm pretty much full on sobbing into Nico' s shoulder. As he held me, I was reminded of the many late nights back at camp, after the war, when I held Nico much the way he was holding me now. I almost chuckle at the notion.

~Le time skippy brought to you by Sandy's Splendiferous Sandy Socks, Now only $99.99999! What a steal!~

3rd person POV:

In the end, the Avengers decide that they wouldn't bring it up for a while. They want the kid to get to know and trust them better before they ask, so they continued as normal.

Tony POV: (again, sorry for all the POV changes)

Rodger's has started to cook dinner, and I want to help, however, as he keeps insistently reminding me, I'm not allowed to go within a 10 foot radius of the stove, not after the stir fry incident of October 8th.
So I now I'm sitting dejectedly at the island while I watch Steve (Captain Crunch Steve) prepare the cottage pie.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn to see Steve (the wonderful wizard of oz Steve) looking down at me, a soft smile on his face. "How are you?" Steve said, the soft smile on his face growing slightly.

"Fine. Just worried about the kid." I reply simply.

"I'm sure that we'll sort it out. Do you know what Steve's making for dinner?" Steve (Edna Mode defier) is looking so relaxed, and my stomach decides to be different so it fills itself to the brim with butterflies.

Before I can reply, Steve (The iced americano Steve) gracefully comes out of the kitchen, two large glass Tupperware containers grasped carefully in his hands.

"Tony, Strange, can you two please set the table for dinner?" Steve asks, setting the Tupperware down on the large table where the Avengers normally ate dinner.

"Friday, can you call Nico and Will down for dinner?"

"Sure thing, Old Guy." Said Friday, using the nickname Tony had assigned him.

Will and Nico usually eat meals in one of their rooms, but tonight Steve (Star Spangled Man With A Plan Steve) seemed to have other ideas.

~magic back in time skippy brought to you by Poler Bear Express, now looking for new poler bears that have a train license~

Nico POV:

After about 40 minutes of comforting Will, he seems to pull himself together, the corner of his mouth lifting upwards just a bit as he looks down at me.

His striking blue eyes glimmer with pain and sadness, and then he blinks, and it's gone. The eyes that had been a heart breaking sight just moments before are now bright and cheery, as if nothing had happened.

The infirmary bed creaks a little under me as I shift my weight, reminding me of our current location.

Standing up, I grab Will's hand and pull him to his feet. He's surprised, but comes with me when I tug gently on his arm. As I lead him out of the medical wing, he leans closer to me so that we are now walking shoulder to shoulder, or rather, would be if I wasn't so short.

Walking in silence, hand in hand, a peaceful feeling fills us.

We may have been kidnapped, we may be without the Mist, but we have each other. And that will never change, not so long as I'm breathing on this earth.

A/N: Sorry again for it being late and all the POV switching lol.

I have an assignment dew tomorrow. Have I done much of it? No.
Was I writing this instead? Yes.

Thanks for almost 10k reads. Not sure why anyone wants to read this crap, but hey, you choose you.

-Theresa