Part 16.

A/N: You guys really need to start getting on my ass more about updating. 13 days is just unacceptable.
Also what do you guys think of the new cover?
Sorry not sorry about this chapter.

Naomi POV:

I walk haltingly through the drab, dim lit house, hand clenching firmly to the beer bottle in my hand.

The girl, Alice, has been awfully quiet today. Maybe she's finally learned to keep her yapper shut.
She's better than her brother in every way except that. The boy knew his place.

Taking another sip of my beer, I open the old wooden door to the girl's room, and what I see makes my blood boil.

The floor has a carpet of shining gold dust, and right by the small bed in the corner, lay Alice's small frame.

She is curled in the fetal position, arms wrapped tightly around her midsection, blood pooling on the floor around her, staining the cheap wooden floor with its crimson hue.

Damn it. Another one of my children, waisted as devil spawn.

Crouching down next the girl's tense body, ridged in pain, I watch slowly as she gradually becomes less and less stiff, the pool of blood getting bigger and bigger.

This must be the boy's fault. That accursed child has brought nothing but trouble to me. He's even getting people to prank call me while I'm sleeping, talking about how 'they're the Avengers' and that 'I need to pick up my kid' honestly, it's like they don't understand that I washed my hands clean of that monstrosity the moment I found out about his... heritage. I should have killed him when I had the chance.

Alas, it's too late now. Besides, even coming within 20 feet of the boy again will probably grant me even more than my already unfair amount of bad luck.
Better to just wait until the right opportunity, like if I saw him in the grocery store...but that's unlikely. I moved to the other side of New York the moment I was rid of him.

Will POV:

"Mr. Stark wants me to inform you that dinner is almost ready, and that you start to make your way down to the dining room." Friday says, her Irish lilt coming across the room to Nico and I, where I was posing on the chair while Nico draws me.

"Tell Mr. Stank that we'll be down in a minute, Friday" Nico sasses as he continues to finish up different aspects of his drawing.

Le time skippy brought to you by my Fantastic Trash Surfing Kangaroo~

Tony POV:

We've all been sitting here at the table for a couple minutes, waiting as the boys to come down to dinner.
We're waiting only because Steve (Captain Crunch Steve) insists we wait for them, apparently he thinks that if we start eating now, there won't be any left for the boys.

"Are they even coming down?" Complains Clint. At this, we all immediately look at the elevator, but the universe seems to have timed it wrong, because we are to staring in silence at the elevator for another thirty seconds, before it opens with a small ping, emitting the two boys, both wearing some of the other's cloths from their van that I had Happy pick up for them.

I can tell that they're wearing each others stuff because Nico's white hoodie is at least 4 sizes too big on his skinny frame, and Will who is normally wearing some eye offensive shade of yellow, is wearing a black knitted sweater, that looked to be Italian wool.

Wordlessly, the two boys sit down at the table, taking the only available seats on the other side of Clint and Natasha. The former of whom starts to dig into his food the moment the boys sit down at the table. Honestly, does he have any manners? Well, I guess living with the circus can do that to you.

I think this is the most people to be sitting at this table for ages. Almost everyone is here; (snazzy, a semicolon!) the only people missing are Rodney who is meeting with 'nobody special', and Scott, who has to watch his kid tonight.
Me, Bruce, Steve, Steve, Nat, Clint, Bucky, Wanda, Pietro, (did I forget anyone???) and, despite my better judgment, Peter.

It's not that I don't trust Nico and Will, it's just that I don't really trust them, and ever since I adopted Peter after his aunt passed from cancer, I've been a bit overprotective when it comes to his safety. But the kid begged to meet the other boys, and I couldn't say no once he turned on the puppy dog eyes. Besides, what harm can it do?
Heh...
I TAKE IT BACK AUTHOR I TAKE IT BACK!!!!!

A/N: *doges knife*
No need to get violent...

This is shit, but oh well, at least it's something!

I know (now) that Strange's first name is Steven, not Steve, but since I'm the author and therefore the all powerful being of these character's plain of existence, and because I think it's funny, his name is now Steve.

Out of curiosity, what country's are my readers from?

Thanks for reading!

-Theresa