i.

— CHAPTER ONE

"JAW DROPS"

may, 2023

"WOAH WOAH WOAH! HOLD THE PHONE." shouted Stephen A. Smith. "I'm getting some major news that Le'ana rodes has unfollowed Coach Kim and all her LSU teammates on instagram." The rest of the panel glanced up, curious of what was occurring.

On the other side of America, Nika Mühl and Paige Bueckers sat in bed waiting on KK Arnold to finish getting ready. The pair were simply scrolling through TikTok before KK ran in screaming. "Le'ana rodes don't follow none of them LSU girls no more." Even accompanying her words with a little dance and cheer. LSU were tough competition for UConn - losing their star player would benefit the girls majorly.

Nika sat up running to instagram, which only confirmed their suspicions. "You think Geno can convince her to be our centre? we need one." She joked.

Paige remained silent, she knew of Le'ana and her talent but having her at UConn? Was that really the best idea?

As the news unveiled to the rest of the basketball world, the group of pundits consisting of Stephen, a few other commentators and a special appearance from Lebron James grouped together to discuss this year's college championships - both women and men's. It was a ploy from the NCAA in order to get more viewers for college basketball and it was clearly working as the NBA channel reached peak viewership. Having Lebron on was just a bonus.

"No way." The other commentators begged for him to hurry up and tell them what he knows.

"What i'm hearing is Le'ana Rodes has entered the transfer portal." Shock spread among the faces of every person sat around the table. Not only that, but the fans watching alongside them all stood in revelation at what was happening. You know something is crazy when even Lebron goes silent at the news. Throughout all his years in the NBA, no news story would be as widely covered as what he assumed Le'ana's transfer would be.

The reason as to why her sudden move was a shock was obvious to many. Le'ana was the best player to enter LSU since the founding of its women's basketball team. She had the most points a player could score in a season. Last year she carried them to win the national championship and the team spoke so highly of her it was rare for someone to want to leave that environment, hence why everyone was so confused.

"Le'ana announced she's holding a press conference tomorrow. Not only is she letting us know where she's going but she's also going to develop on her leaving the Tigers." In all honesty, no one was paying attention to the words uttered by any commentator simply due to the surprise each individual was feeling right now.

It was hard to explain what Le'ana leaving LSU was like to anyone who hadn't seen her play or witnessed her greatness. Watching her play basketball is like witnessing someone performing a miracle before your eyes. With every dribble, every pass, every shot, she exudes an unmatched level of passion that leaves you in awe. Her love for the sport is obvious in every step. Her presence on the court is magnetic, drawing you into the game with an intensity that's impossible to resist. Even if you hated basketball, you couldn't resist Le'ana Rodes. When Le'ana takes the ball, you can feel the energy shift in the arena, as if the very air crackles with anticipation of what she'll do next.

But it's not just her talent that sets her apart; it's the way she plays the game with heart and soul. You can see it in the way she dives for loose balls, in the way she encourages her teammates, in the way she never gives up, no matter the odds. She fights for every point, every rebound, every victory. Anytime they do win, it's all just a chance to prove her talent. Not only that, but she serves as a favourite teammate to many. Whether it be hyping up Angel Reese, who's new found fame in the basketball world is taking over, or encouraging her good friend Hailey Van Lith to get the ball in moments of anxiousness, Le'ana is the best you can get.

And when she's on fire, there's no stopping her. The way she moves on the court, with a grace and finesse that seem almost otherworldly, is a sight to behold. She'll drive past defenders with ease, leaving them grasping at air as she sails towards the basket for a thunderous dunk. And her shot? It's like watching poetry in motion, as the ball sails through the net with a swish that sends the crowd into a frenzy. Any attempt to block her would be stupid.

But perhaps what's most amazing about Le'ana is the way she inspires others. Young girls and boys alike look up to her, dreaming of one day following in her footsteps. Girls her age, in college, even admire the way she plays. She's a role model to many, showing the world what dedication, perseverance, and a whole lot of heart can achieve. And for those lucky enough to witness her play, it's an experience they'll never forget. Le'ana Rodes isn't just a basketball player; she's a legend in the making.

But of course, fame cannot come without criticism which is evident when Stephen speaks up. "I'll be honest, there's not a team as good as LSU right now. She's making a big mistake-"

He was unable to finish as Lebron interfered "-Personally, i think what's so unique about Le'ana is that she can adapt a team for herself. Whatever Le'ana wants Le'ana gets. There's no way she's goes wherever she goes and they don't prioritise her needs."

The commentary continued, the world paused in question of where she would end up. They'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out. Le'ana was ready for a fresh start.

ELLE'S NOTES!!!
this is so shit apologies
it does get better.
lmk if there's any spelling
errors and stuff i hate when
that happens 🤗🤗🤗

btw this takes place just
before/going in to the 23/24
season (current season/post season)