xxvi.

— CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

"REMINISCE"

march, 2024

        IN RECENT MONTHS PAIGE'S LIFE HAD been perfect. The girl was currently situated in her bed with the most beautiful soul lying just below her. UConn had made it to the second round of March Madness, preparing to play Syracuse tomorrow. Her team were happy and so was she.

A few nights ago, Paige and Le'ana found themselves on a date. Publicly, the pair held hands and skipped down the sidewalk in joy of what life had become. If you had asked Paige upon first meeting Le'ana, eleven months ago, whether she'd end up here she would've rushed to say no. When first hearing of the girl's departure from LSU it was made blatantly obvious by the girl's dirty looks that having Le'ana on the team this season was not a part of her plans.

If you had asked Paige upon her first sight of Le'ana whether she'd end up her she would've declined, blushing profusely in the process. While the girls had acquired a simple friendship when meeting, Paige's inability to express her emotions led them to laugh behind a random piece of equipment and draw a line at flirtatious jokes. Obliviously, both went home with a smile.

If you had asked Paige upon her first argument with Le'ana whether she'd end up here, she would have said no before you could even get the words out. When sat crying over her injury, despite nothing but rage towards Le'ana, it allowed Paige to realise how she felt. There was a reason why Paige called her first. It allowed the blonde to realise just how close she had become to Le'ana in such a short time.

If you had asked Paige upon that day in the locker room, where she found herself tracing roses on Le'ana's palms, whether she'd end up here, she would have sat silently for a minute. Paige would plaster her face with that signature look of confusion as she aimed to determine what was happening between the pair.

Whilst at times, Paige had varying ideas of whether she and Le'ana would be together, the girls that surrounded the duo daily would argue the same for each situation. They were destined to be together.

This game just made it so much more evident. With each pass, each swift shot and each celebration, Paige felt her heart swell with pride. Not just because her team was dominating the court, but because Le'ana was by her side, cheering just as loudly, her eyes alight with excitement.

As the final buzzer sounded, signalling UConn's victory, Paige couldn't help but wrap her arms around Le'ana in a tight hug, their joy merging into one shared moment of triumph. The crowd erupted in cheers, but in that instant, it felt like the whole world faded away, leaving just the two of them standing there, connected in their happiness.

Sitting side by side on the couch, Paige leaned her head against Le'ana's shoulder, revelling in the warmth of her presence. It wasn't always easy, navigating their feelings amidst the chaos of college life and basketball, but moments like these made it all worth it. Hence, how they ended up here.

As they watched the stars glittering outside the window, Paige knew that whatever the future held, she was exactly where she was meant to be—in the arms of the person she loved, with a heart full of hope and a soul overflowing with happiness. And in that moment, nothing else mattered.

Le'ana stirred in her sleep, rubbing her eyes the girl glanced up to be greeted by Paige. To slowly open her eyes, still tired, and be greeted with such a sight was something Le'ana could only dream of. It had never really cemented in her mind that Paige was officially her girlfriend. She had certainly never computed that this was what she had been blessed with. Entangled in the arms of the blonde, she let out a content sigh. After hearing the sigh, Paige realised Le'ana was awake and rushed to rock her back to sleep.

"Go to sleep, Le. You still got a couple minutes." She softly hummed, running fingers through her girlfriend's hair whilst plastering soft kisses on her forehead. Le'ana found herself asleep within seconds. This was her life. Paige had never been happier than in this moment.

She watched Le'ana's peaceful expression with a tender smile, her heart swelling with love.  Paige never could have imagined that someone like Le'ana would come into her life and turn it upside down in the best possible way. But now, here they were, intertwined in each other's lives in a way that felt natural and right.

Feeling a surge of warmth in her chest, Paige leaned down to press another kiss to Le'ana's forehead before settling back against the pillows, content to watch her sleep. In this moment, surrounded by the quiet rhythm of Le'ana's breathing, Paige knew that she had found her home.With a soft sigh of contentment, Paige closed her eyes, allowing herself to drift off to sleep.

ELLE'S NOTES!!!
cutesy little chapter
for you guys 💌💌