xiv.

— CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"UNCOVERED."

november, 2023

        AFTER THE EVENTS, THE NIGHT OF THE Minnesota game, Paige had taken a few days to analyse what had occurred between the pair. Not just what happened that night, where they simply sat in each other's company, but also what had happened over the past month the girls knew each other.

Paige sat at her desk, staring blankly at her computer. The cursor blinked rhythmically on the empty document, mocking her inability to express her thoughts. She had been trying to work on her essay for the past hour, but her mind kept drifting back to the same nagging question: her sexuality. The more Paige thought about it since meeting Le'ana, the more tangled her thoughts became. She had never questioned her sexuality before, never considered the possibility that she might not be straight.

She reached for her phone, her fingers hovering over the screen as she debated whether to text Le'ana. She wanted to talk to someone about what she was feeling, and Le'ana was the only person she understood enough to confide in. The girl had opened up to Paige multiple times about how she discovered herself and she just thought maybe Le'ana could help her too. But Paige was afraid of how complicated things already were. What if she finally decided how she felt and Le'ana was no longer interested?

With a sigh, Paige set her phone back down on the desk. She couldn't bring herself to take that risk, not yet. Instead, she turned her attention back to her essay, forcing herself to focus on the task at hand. But no matter how hard she tried, Paige couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. It was like a splinter lodged deep in her mind, a constant reminder of the unanswered questions swirling around inside her.

She needed to talk to someone, to get some clarity on what she was feeling. But who could she trust? As if on cue, there was a knock on her door, and Le'ana stuck her head inside, a playful grin on her face. Her hands were behind her back, causing suspicion to arise in Paige.

"Hey, you busy?" Le'ana asked, already walking into the room before Paige could respond.

"Nah, just working on this stupid essay." Paige shook her head, relieved at the distraction. "Le'ana..."

"Paige..." The girl responded in a similar tone.

"What's behind your back?" Spoke Paige. She was cut off as her eyes opened in surprise at the bouquet Le'ana was holding. It had consisted merely of roses and lilies - the two flowers Paige had explained to le'ana.

"Um-It's- it's the flowers you showed me. Do you know? like- the rebirth of lilies or courage from roses-" Le'ana continued to ramble on. Paige simply looked at the girl taking in her features and how she looked today.

As she caught a glimpse of her across the room, Paige's heart quickened its pace almost involuntarily. She was a vision, a mesmerizing blend of elegance and allure. The way her long, wavy hair cascaded down her back like a waterfall of silk, was utterly captivating. Her brown skin seems to glow under the soft lights, adding a radiant warmth to her presence.

At 5'11", she stands tall and graceful. She commanded attention effortlessly. Her slender frame, accentuated by those black jeans, moves with an air of confidence that's simply irresistible. And that sharp jawline, is like a work of art, adding a hint of edginess to her otherwise ethereal beauty.

But it's her eyes that truly ensnare Paige. Those doe eyes, pools of warmth and depth, draw me in like a moth to a flame. They hold secrets and stories, each glance a tantalising invitation to unravel them all. She's wearing a white lace top that hugs her curves delicately, the contrast against her bronzed skin only serving to accentuate her allure. It's as if she's stepped out of a dream, a goddess amongst mortals.

As she watches her from afar, Paige's pulse quickens with every movement she makes. It's a bittersweet torture, being so close yet feeling worlds apart. But at this moment, all she can do is admire her from her desk, lost in the beauty of the girl who holds Paige's heart in her hands without even realizing it.

"Um- Thank you, Le." She interrupted the girl. Grabbing the flowers she placed them right in front of her on her desk. Le'ana glanced at the computer screen, her eyes scanning the empty document. "Looks like you could use a break."

Paige chuckled, closing her laptop and pushing it aside. "Yeah, maybe you're right."

Le'ana flopped down on the bed beside Paige, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "So, what do you wanna do?"

Paige shrugged, a nervous energy thrumming beneath her skin. "I don't know. What do you wanna do?"

Le'ana grinned, leaning in closer simply wanting to be closer to Paige's presence. "At this point, we've seen each other every day it's more like what haven't we done?" She laughed out.

Paige's heart skipped a beat, her breath catching in her throat. She wanted to lean in, to close the gap between them and kiss Le'ana senseless. But she hesitated, the weight of her uncertainty pressing down on her like a leaden cloak.

Le'ana must have sensed her hesitation as she didn't respond, her expression softening with concern. "Hey, you okay?"

Paige nodded, forcing a smile even though her stomach was tied in knots. "Yeah, I'm fine. I've uh- just been... thinking."

Le'ana studied her for a moment, her gaze searching and intense. "About...?" Concern took her over.

Paige swallowed hard, feeling the words catch in her throat. But then she remembered how Le'ana had always been there for her, how she had never judged or rejected her. Maybe this was her chance to finally get some answers, to stop hiding behind walls she had built to protect herself. She was the one who said she'd wait for Paige.

"I've been thinking about us, and- uh- the night at the bar. And the night at the drive-through. to be honest every night in between as well. Every moment with you has been on my mind constantly." Paige admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. Le'ana's eyes widened in surprise, but she didn't say anything, waiting for Paige to continue.

"I don't know what I'm feeling," Paige confessed, the words tumbling out in a rush. "I've never felt this way about anyone before, and it's...scary."

Le'ana reached out and took Paige's hand in hers, the warmth of her touch sending a jolt of electricity up Paige's spine. "Hey, it's okay," Le'ana said softly, squeezing Paige's hand reassuringly. "You don't have to have it all figured out right now. Just know that I'm here for you, no matter what."

Tears pricked at the corners of Paige's eyes as she looked at Le'ana, really looked at her, and saw nothing but understanding and acceptance.

"Thank you," Paige whispered, feeling a weight lift off her shoulders.

Le'ana smiled, leaning in until their foreheads were touching. "Anytime."

And in that moment, Paige knew that no matter what the future held, she wouldn't have to face it alone. With Le'ana by her side, she could navigate any uncertainty. She'd be Le'ana's and Le'ana would be hers. That sounded nice. Hers.

ELLE'S NOTES!!!

i KNOW we saw this

i KNOW we saw this.
im like fr dying. help. now
i kinda don't wanna ruin
their almost-relationship???

𝟎𝟓.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara