You Poison Every Little Thing I Do

The apple didn't taste any different than all the other apples he had tasted. Adam had been expecting its flavor to be almost divine, but it turned out to just be a regular apple. 

However, as soon as he swallowed, something within him awakened. He stared at Eve and realized she was naked. They were both naked. 

Eve was eyeing him as well, a sensual smile spreading across her face. He didn't need to ask her if she was thinking what he was thinking. It was obvious what was on both their minds. 

Feeling like a brand new man, Adam pressed Eve back against the willow tree and started kissing her. She moaned, opening her mouth to allow him further access inside. Her nails dug into his skin and if it hadn't been for the intense pleasure, it would've been almost painful. 

He had made love with her before, but this time, it was different. It was like a fire burning inside him that could only be satiated with her body. She was his for the taking, and he wasn't going to be satisfied until he explored every inch of her.

But almost as soon as he finished, the euphoria he had been caught up in came crashing down. The passion in him had been extinguished and left him feeling cold and empty. 

Even Eve looked like she had come off the high she had been experiencing just a few seconds earlier. They both untangled themselves from the other and averted their eyes. 

"Fuck!" Adam cried out and buried his face in his hands. 

"What did we do?" Eve started pacing around the field. "Oh, fuck. What did we do?" 

"You mean what did you do, right?" Adam glared at her. "Because the last time I checked, I didn't listen to a talking serpent!"

Eve came to a halt and whipped back around. "You're blaming me for this?!"

"Yes, I am! Because I only ate it because I didn't want you to be banished like Lilith had or die!" 

She scoffed. "Wow, how noble of you. You didn't have anything to worry about though. I'm sure the angels would've just created wife number three for you!"

A fire even hotter than the last one erupted within him, making his blood boil. "I was better off alone! But fuck me for caring about you, right?" 

Eve marched up to him, her hands balled into fists. "If you think you're better off alone, then you go ahead and jerk your own dick!"

Before Adam could even think of a response, several voices were heard in the distance, calling out for them.

"Oh no. It's the angels." Eve started tugging at the ends of her hair. "What do we do?"

"Hide." He led her deeper into the garden where they found a clump of bushes tall enough to cover them. But the angels' voices only grew closer. Adam knew there would be no way to escape them. 

"They're going to find us," Eve whispered.

"I know. But we can't let them see us like this." He left the safety of the shrubs and started to gather the leaves from a fig tree. Eve did the same, and they both used vines and stems to hastily sew together some garments. Adam covered the lower half of his body while Eve had to cover both her top and lower half.

"Adam, Eve." Sera appeared in front of them no sooner than they had wrapped the leaves around their bodies. "Where have you two been?"

"We've been calling for you," Gabriel said. "Did you not hear us?"

Both Adam and Eve could not make eye contact with the angels. They stood still, their stares locked on the ground in front of them.

Knowing the angels were expecting an answer, Adam cleared his throat. "We heard you, but we were afraid of our nakedness, so we hid."