You've Sunk Your Teeth Into Me

The first thing he noticed about this new place was how red the sky was. It reminded him of that time back in Eden during Lucifer's rebellion, except this time, there were no rumbles of thunder or bursts of lightning. 

But that still didn't make it any less unsettling. 

Even from his bird's eye view, he could see Hell was the complete opposite of Heaven. The buildings here were dark and dreary, built atop molten rock. Smoke and ash would billow out from the ground sporadically, casting a haze in the air. If it wasn't for the crimson sky providing some source of light, it would have been pitch-black. 

"Just get Eve and Abel, and get the fuck outta here," Adam told himself as he sunk down closer. 

"Shit." He was having some trouble with his wings and plunged closer to the ground than he wanted. Still not used to the new appendages, Adam would dip up and down in the air like a dying fly.

From his vantage point, he still couldn't make out anyone down below. But what was weird was how there were more people down here than in Heaven. Well, even one other person would have been more, but he counted at least a couple dozen already. 

As he got closer, he thought some of the toxic fumes spewing out of the ground were messing with his head. Because these people weren't actually people as he knew them. They were bipedal and vaguely humanoid, but that was where the resemblance ended. These... things were grotesque and monstrous. They shared more in common with the beasts of the Earth than with any human.

"What the actual fuck..." Adam gaped at the monsters walking around. He was so distracted by them that he almost crashed into a leafless tree. 

"Son of a bitch!" He barely dodged faceplanting into the tree but was spun off course. After coming to a halt in midair, Adam tried to gather his bearings and looked around. But there was only an endless ruin as far as the eye could see. 

Desperation was beginning to set in. Adam had to come to terms with the fact that he was way out of his depth. He was in a frightening new place with no sense of direction and no way of knowing where his family could be. 

The sweet sound of a woman's voice suddenly filled the air, and it was like a wave of calmness washed over him. For a moment, he even forgot all his troubles and worries. Until he recognized the familiar melody and the sense of calmness was shattered into a million pieces just like his heart.

Lilith.

Any prior warning Sera had given him had been erased from his mind. All that mattered now was following the sound and finding its despicable source. He had no doubt that Lilith and Lucifer had something to do with this. In fact, they were probably keeping Eve and Abel prisoners somewhere. 

Adam glanced down and saw a group of those abhorrent creatures gathered together. They were standing in a park filled with even more dead trees and blackened grass. And there she was, leading them in some sort of demonic choir.

His chest tightened the moment he spotted her.

"Okay, that was better! Let's try it one more time." She waved her hands in the air, and they all opened their mouths to sing.

"LILITH!" He crashed to the ground, interrupting the choir and sending them scattering like roaches. "Where are they?!" 

Lilith turned around, a look of surprise briefly coming over her face. "Adam? What are you doing here? Who let you in?" 

"I'm here for my wife and son, so where the fuck are they?!" He marched up to her, giving her a once-over. It seemed like almost a thousand years had done nothing to ruin her beauty. She look just as he remembered her, except now ram-like horns jutted out of her head, and her eyes were the color violet.