Chapter 2

"Why do they have to do that?" Sakura tried miserably to get Tsunade to change her mind about this.

Sasuke's POV,

As his two teammates were yelling at the oldest woman in the room, his mind was spinning like crazy. Sasuke didn't want to be anyone's husband, definitely not Sakura's. She would probably try to take advantage of the situation and force herself on him.

He shuddered, like hell he'd play that role.

"Shut up! Both of you!" Tsunade knew that they were going to disagree with her. She sighed and started to explain her choice to them.

"First, I'm the Hokage here and I chose whoever I see suitable for this mission, you don't have the right to complain," she spat glaring at Naruto who was about to protest again- "Let me finish, you brat! Second, I didn't choose you randomly," she said.

"I have already explained that the village doesn't allow the ninjas, that's the reason you need to go undercover. Sakura, your medical skills will allow you to pose as a doctor and gain the trust of villagers, aiding our investigation. Additionally, your expertise in Genjutsu can help uncover information about the tunnel and the organization. Use your skills whenever Naruto or Sasuke are unavailable," said the leader. Sakura nodded.

Tsunade then proceeded to Sasuke, you fit with the profile set by Team Eight. You must act warmer around your 'wife' though. The members of the organisation are recruiting strong and cold men, so in the meantime, you should make sure you catch their interest by acting cold.
Naruto laughed at the idea of Sasuke acting like a lovey-dovey husband.
Sasuke was embarrassed and told Naruto to shut up.

The Hokage sighed, getting tired of being interrupted, but she went on. Must get it over with, she thought.

Sasuke hned expressing his understanding.

"Okay, now let's talk about Naruto," she thought, eyeing the blonde ninja with skepticism. "You'll need to put on a perfect act, as you're the one who can make them less suspicious." The blonde woman raised her eyebrows and placed her hands on her hips. "Yes, I said 'less' because we know for sure that they'll suspect you. As a housewife, you'll be moving around a lot, and as a pregnant woman, you'll be seen as trustworthy. Make friends and get them to reveal what they know. There's bound to be someone who notices that something isn't right, but if you act like you don't care, you'll likely avoid detection. Also, use your summoning to send me the report once a week."

"This is troublesome; let's just say that Sakura and I are siblings, and Sasuke is our cousin or something," said Naruto.

Tsunade explained that a group of teens without adults would look suspicious, even if they introduced themselves as siblings.

Sasuke intervened and said Hokage-sama, Sasuke spoke calmly. You mean that if we act like a married couple . . .. awaiting their firstborn, we will look more mature even if we're still young?

"Yes," replied the Hokage. "That's the main advantage of the plan."

"Granny, that's the worst plan. How am I supposed to appear pregnant? And how could a pregnant woman be travelling in her condition?", Naruto said, crossing her arms.

"Don't worry about that. I'll use a jutsu on you to make you appear pregnant, but for now, in the initial stage, you don't have to worry about it. I'll send you the scrolls that consist of women's behaviour during their pregnancy phase," said the Hokage.

Now do you have any more questions? asked Tsunade.

"Hokage-sama, I'm sorry but I don't agree with you, Naruto will surely blow up our cover if she's got this motivation. She believes we're going to fail so we'll most likely fail," Sakura said as she couldn't take it anymore, she couldn't let this chance pass, this mission was not only an A-ranked one but also a perfect opportunity for her to get closer to Sasuke.

Sakura was desperate. "Naruto is just not wife and mother material," she added, pointing at Naruto. "She doesn't know what it's like to be a woman, let alone a mother! She'd never be a good mother," she concluded confidently, without really thinking.

For a brief moment, everyone in the room went silent, stunned to hear what Sakura had just said. Naruto froze from shock and hurt, but it didn't stop her from punching Sakura in the face. "Geez, you're so annoying, Sakura. Shut the fuck up! Who are you to judge? Like bitch, get a life. Sasuke treated you like trash, yet you still wag your tail for him and dare to talk down to me."

Sasuke's face was expressionless, but the surprise in his eyes was evident. Naruto always tolerated Sakura and didn't try to put her in her place.

Tsunade was smirking at her actions. "Okay, it seems like the meeting is over."

"Fine then, I can do this. There's nothing Uzumaki Naruto can't do. I'll show you and that freaking flat bitch, I can be very convincing, even if it's with an edgy emo guy like Sasuke," Naruto shouted at the blonde woman before her. She was going to pull this off nicely. She'd show them that she could be a very good wife.

Sakura fumed with anger as she was unable to rise from the impact of the punch.

Tsunade taunted Sakura to stop being rude to Naruto and concentrate on her mission. Sakura half-heartedly apologized to Naruto for her behaviour.

Yes, Hokage-sama," she said and then Tsunade handed Naruto a folder. "Here are more details about the mission. You're the leader of this mission Naruto. Kakashi is currently helping Kurenai with her baby." They all nodded showing their agreement.

Shizune was healing Sakura while Naruto and Sasuke exited from the Hokage's office.

"I'm going to Ichiraku to get ramen. Wanna come?" Naruto asked Sasuke.

Sasuke simply nodded, and they both walked to Ichiraku. While on their way, Naruto turned to him. "Wait, Sasuke, you've been silent all this time. Are you okay with acting as my husband?"

Taken aback by the question, Sasuke stumbled and blushed at the thought of being Naruto's husband.

Naruto waved her hands in front of Sasuke's face, bringing him back to reality. "It's just for a mission, I can handle it," Sasuke said with his usual stoic expression.

Naruto chuckled at his expression, and they both reached the shop. Naruto ordered her favourite Miso Chashu Pork ramen, and Sasuke ordered tomato-flavoured ramen. Naruto ate a larger serving than usual because of the stress.

Later, when they were paying bills, Sakura approached them with an apologetic face. Naruto sighed and suggested that they needed to examine the files sent by the Hokage. Her other teammates nodded and followed her.

Time skip..

They reached her home at 8 pm and started analyzing the mission report of Team 8. Time went by, and Sakura eventually left, leaving only Sasuke alone with Naruto. Sasuke was so engrossed in the report that he didn't notice Sakura leaving or Naruto falling asleep on the table.
At 2 am, Sasuke let out a sigh as he lifted Naruto in a bridal-style carry, making his way to Naruto's room.
Naruto clutched onto Sasuke's shirt tightly as she endured a nightmare. Sasuke noticed Naruto's distress and wondered about the nature of her dream. Despite his efforts, he couldn't release her grip on his shirt. Sasuke eventually fell asleep beside the bed in a sitting position.