chapter 7

Later, Naruto assisted Tsunami with household chores, her enthusiasm for helping was evident in every task she undertook. Meanwhile, Sasuke engaged in a discussion with Tazuna, seeking insights into potential job opportunities and any information regarding the organization they were investigating. 

Naruto was deeply engrossed in a conversation with Tsunami. Sasuke intervened coldly "You're tired. You need to rest". They needed to discuss their plans, as they would be separated tomorrow. Naruto seemed oblivious, insisting on staying to chat. Sasuke sighed, realizing he needed to be clearer. "Naruto, we had a long day. Staying awake for a long time is not good for the 'baby'," he said calmly.

Naruto nodded, understanding the seriousness of their mission. Sorry, Tsunami-San, I'll talk to you tomorrow, good night," she said, standing back.

Tsunami smiled kindly. "No problem, dear. Rest well," replied Tsunami.

As they ascended the stairs in silence, a strange tension lingered between Naruto and Sasuke. Without their usual banter, the air felt heavy with unspoken words. Upon entering the room, Sasuke's gaze was drawn to the bed. It was a grand, four-poster bed with white curtains that draped elegantly around it. He couldn't shake the feeling of discomfort that settled in the pit of his stomach.

As he turned to face Naruto, he found her standing by the window, her silhouette illuminated by the soft moonlight streaming in. The gentle glow highlighted her features, casting a soft, ethereal light on her face. For a moment, Sasuke was captivated by her beauty, the way the moonlight danced in her eyes, and the slight smile that tugged at her lips.

Naruto slowly moved closer, her eyes locking onto his. Without a word, she wrapped her arms gently around his shoulders, her touch sending a shiver down his spine. Sasuke's breath caught in his throat as he felt her warmth enveloping him. "dob-Na-Naruto.......w-what are you doing?", he stammered.

"Sasuke," Naruto whispered softly, her breath warm against his ear. "Someone is stalking us. We need to act like we're a real couple".

Sasuke couldn't help but blush. Without hesitation, he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer, their bodies fitting together perfectly as if they were meant to be. 

He inspected the place using his sharingan, then concluded, "They left, and the room is safe".

After a moment, Sasuke reluctantly pulled away, breaking their embrace. He cleared his throat, trying to dispel the lingering closeness between them. "We should... probably get some rest," he said, avoiding Naruto's gaze.

Naruto's POV:

As I enter the room, I notice a figure lurking near the window, watching us. My heart races, and I feel so anxious, but I still try to stay calm, knowing we have to be cautious. When Sasuke confirms the room is safe, relief washes over me. I have been on edge, constantly wary of potential threats.

Being so close to Teme, feeling the warmth of his body against mine, stirs up a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. I know we have to maintain our cover, but it's hard to ignore the fluttering in my heart.

I glance up at Sasuke, our eyes meeting briefly before I pull away slightly, trying to compose myself. My cheeks burn with embarrassment; it must be the effect of that stupid jutsu.

-----------------------------------------------------

"I'm going to take a shower," she said and received a nod from Sasuke as an acknowledgement.

When she left the room, Sasuke looked back at that disturbing bed.  He punched the air in silent frustration, his hand lingering in the space where Naruto had stood. He couldn't shake the feeling that she was unaffected by his touch, that their closeness meant more to him than it did to her.