Chapter 6

Running into Taro's family marked the beginning of their mission, a small but crucial step before interacting with the villagers and members of the organization. Getting to know Taro's family would provide valuable insights into the ways of the Land of Waves and the Mist village. However, it was a matter of trust. If they messed up now, they'd most likely not be able to finish the mission after all.

Yumi glanced at Naruto, her eyes filled with concern. "How are you feeling, Naruto-San? Sasuke-San told me earlier that you weren't feeling well," she asked, her voice gentle.

Feeling the woman's stare, Naruto chose to give her a little hint. She casually tucked a blond lock behind her ear with her left hand, showing off the ring on her finger. Tsunade had provided them with a set of matching rings to make their cover as a married couple more convincing. The rings were made of platinum with rose gold and diamond adornments. They were simple yet elegant, fitting their disguises perfectly.

"Yes, thank you, Yumi-San. It was just a sunstroke, but I'm feeling much better now," Naruto replied, smiling warmly.

Sasuke, who had been quietly observing, decided to join in case Naruto messed up with the cover. "I made sure she stayed hydrated and rested. Taking care of each other is important, especially with our little one on the way," he added, placing a hand gently on Naruto's belly.

Yumi's eyes widened in realization as she looked between Naruto and Sasuke, a knowing smile playing on her lips. "Oh, I see," she said, her voice laced with amusement. "Congratulations! That's wonderful news." Naruto and Sasuke exchanged a panicked glance, neither of them prepared for Yumi's enthusiastic reaction.

Naruto felt her cheeks flush with embarrassment as she nodded in response. "Thank you, Yumi-San," she replied, trying to maintain her composure despite her heart beating furiously over the touch.

Naruto whispered to Sasuke, "Cut it out, you're overacting. She'll suspect us," unable to look at Sasuke's face.

Kaito, who had been listening intently, let out an excited squeal. "You're going to have a baby? That's so cool!" he exclaimed; his eyes wide with excitement.

Naruto couldn't help but laugh at Kaito's enthusiasm, feeling a surge of affection for the young boy. "Yes, we're very excited," she faked.

.
.
.

Everyone enjoyed the freshly cooked fish. Naruto feeling a bit uneasy opted for some apples instead. The evening breeze carried a sense of tranquility as they sat around the camp, chatting and enjoying the food.

They continued to talk some more, and then they decided to depart. Sasuke finished packing their stuff lying on the ground, which bore Naruto's sleeping bag, two bottles of water, and packages. Naruto approached her 'husband' and helped him with the packing.

As they finished packing up, Naruto couldn't resist teasing Sasuke a bit. "You know, Sasuke, for someone who's supposed to be the Strong, cold type, you sure do make a great housewife," she teased, a mischievous grin playing on her lips.

Before Sasuke could say, Taro interjected, "Follow me, my boat is this way!" he exclaimed, pointing to the left. "We'll go to the docks. They are closer than the main gates!"

Naruto, Sasuke, and his family followed Taro through the bustling streets of the Mist Village. Naruto was amazed by the size of the village; it was much larger than Konoha. The sights and sounds of the busy village were a stark contrast to the tranquility of the forests they were used to. As they reached the docks, Taro led them to a boat. "Here we are," he said, gesturing towards the boat. "This will take us to the Land of Waves. It's not a long journey, but it can be a bit rough at times". Naruto and Sasuke thanked Taro for his help and grateful for his guidance.