Chapter 8

Naruto's POV,

As my clone ventured into the hidden passageway, I couldn't help but feel hopeful that it would uncover valuable information. The passage was dimly lit, with shadows dancing on the walls as my clone navigated through the narrow corridor. I waited with bated breath, hoping that the clone would detect any sign of danger. After a few minutes of exploration, it reached a dead end. There was nothing there—no hidden rooms, no secret documents, just solid walls. My disappointment was palpable as the clone dispelled itself to provide insights to me. I had imagined all sorts of clandestine scrolls, secret maps, or even incriminating documents hidden within the shadows of the underground chamber. But alas, my clone's memory revealed nothing but empty darkness.

I sat on the edge of the bed with my arms crossed tightly over my chest, feeling let down. I had been hoping for a breakthrough, but it seemed that the hidden passageway had yielded no results.

------------------------------------------------

Soon both the ladies heard the front door followed by Tazuna's voice: "We're back". Sasuke was behind him carrying some bags. Tsunami rushed to help them and then went to the kitchen to prepare lunch.

Where's Naruto?" Sasuke asked, noticing her absence as he joined Tazuna and Tsunami in the living room.

 "She went upstairs to rest. She seemed a bit tired, so I suggested she take a nap", Tsunami replied while sorting what they had bought.

He nodded and went upstairs. He quickly noted Tazuna leave, and since Inari was at the academy, it meant that Naruto and he would be the only one on the floor. They were alone and no one would disturb them. Sasuke smirked.

 He turned the handle of their room and stepped inside, finding Naruto sitting on the edge of the bed, a clear expression of discontent written on her face. He arched an eyebrow, silently questioning the reason behind her sullen demeanor.

 Naruto looked up and met Sasuke's gaze, her eyes reflecting her disappointment. "What's wrong?" he asked, approaching her.

"It's nothing," Naruto muttered, but her voice carried a hint of frustration and disappointment. She glanced up at Sasuke, "I tried to find a clue for our mission by exploring a loose floorboard, but it didn't lead to anything," she explained, her tone heavy with disappointment.

Sasuke listened, a small smirk playing on his lips. Naruto, always full of energy and optimism, was now sulking like a 10-year-old kid. Despite his amusement, he didn't say anything, knowing that Naruto was feeling let down. 

 "I'm going downstairs to help Tsunami." She said and headed down the door, determined to   focus on something else for a while. Sasuke watched her go and sighed. He decided to take a quick shower before heading out to look for a job.

In the meantime, Naruto entered the kitchen, where Tsunami was busy preparing lunch. The delightful aroma of spices filled the air, instantly making Naruto's stomach growl in anticipation. She washed her hands and approached Tsunami with a smile, mindful of her role as a housewife for the mission.

"Hey, Tsunami-San, do you need any help with lunch?" Naruto offered.

Tsunami looked up from her cooking, a warm smile lighting up her face. "Oh, that would be wonderful, Naruto-chan! Could you please chop some vegetables for the curry?"

"Sure thing!" Naruto replied, rolling up her sleeves and grabbing a knife. She quickly set to work, skillfully chopping the vegetables with practiced ease.. This is pain thought Naruto while chopping the onions.

"Tsunami-San, I was thinking about the village," Naruto began, trying to sound casual. "could you tell me more about the leader of the village?"

Tsunami paused in her cooking, giving Naruto a curious look. "The village leader's name is Gato," she explained, "He's been the village's leader for many years and is respected by the people here".