Chapter 9

The Nuke-Nin heard a noise outside, so he left the Dango shop to look into the matter, accompanied by the villager.

Naruto, who was outside the shop, panicked at the thought of being discovered. "Shit, I can't run, or they'll think we're up to something. But what can I do?" Naruto thought frantically to herself. Suddenly, she heard the footsteps approaching, in a split-second, she grabbed Sasuke's collar, pulling him closer, and pressing her lips against his.

Sasuke was caught off guard, his eyes widening in surprise and then flustering as he realized what was happening. He could feel her soft lips, and for a moment, he was stunned by the sensation and his heart raced.

Meanwhile, outside, the Akatsuki member glanced in their direction, but Sasuke's head blocked Naruto from his view. He merely saw them as a random couple having a private moment and quickly turned back to the villager, continuing their conversation without suspicion.

Once they were out of earshot, Naruto broke apart.

Sasuke, flustered by the unexpected kiss, stuttered, "W-w-what did you just d-do?"

Naruto replied, looking away, "I improvised! It was either that or blowing our cover and it's not a big deal....it's just a..... mouth-to-mouth touch". Meanwhile, in her mindscape, she pondered, "Why did I kiss Teme?" She touched her lips and could feel her face turning red, "Ah, right, it's for the mission", she somehow convinced herself.

Sasuke's face flushed, "Sure, sure, mouth-to-mouth touch, just try not to make a habit of kissing me in public, okay?"

Naruto huffed, crossing her arms. "Like you're one to talk! You were the one who looked like you were expecting a kiss! Wait, you even closed your eyes, you cheeky b-", they were disturbed by the moments inside the Dango shop.
.
.
.
.

Naruto and Sasuke observed the Akatsuki member and the villager from a safe distance, holding hands and hidden in the shadows. The Akatsuki member, wearing a hat that obscured his face, seemed to be deep in conversation with the villager who had been given the scroll.

Before they could decide on a course of action, the Akatsuki member and the villager split up. Naruto and Sasuke quickly hid, watching as the villager walked away.

"We have to get that scroll," Naruto whispered urgently, her eyes fixed on the exchange. "And we should also follow the Akatsuki member to find their hideout and gather intel. Splitting up and following both of them simultaneously is our best shot."

Sasuke hesitated, his brow furrowing with concern, "It's too risky. The Akatsuki are rogue S-class criminals. We can't risk splitting up. We're new to this village, and if we lose each other, we might never find our way back to Tazuna's house. Besides, we might be able to gather information from the villager. He could know more about the organization."

Naruto nodded in understanding. She knew Sasuke was right-they couldn't afford to split up, especially not in unfamiliar territory. They needed to stick together and gather as much information as they could.

"You're right, we need to get that scroll before he meets up with anyone else," Naruto whispered to Sasuke, her eyes focused on their target.

Sasuke hned, his gaze focused as they trailed the villager from a safe distance. They followed him through the winding streets of the village, careful to stay out of sight.

Naruto looked around and realized that it was just them and the villager; it was 2 AM, and the streets were deserted.

Naruto and Sasuke, seize the opportunity to retrieve the scroll. She acted impulsively, with a precise strike to the neck, she knocked the villager out without causing any lasting harm. Sasuke quickly retrieved the scroll from the villager's pocket as Naruto kept a lookout. With the scroll in hand, they decided to send the villager to Konoha and interrogate him.