1

A/N
A little note from the author before we begin.

If you came from my other book, then don't worry, I didn't drop anything I write(Maybe the FGO fanfic, but not the BNHA one), so expect a new chapter there as well. For now, though, enjoy the idea I had for a long time.

If you're new to the concept of male Reader, or any reader in particular, here's the meaning of the words you will see often.

Y/n - Your name.
L/n - Last name.
If you find it easier, you can call the main character Megumi Fushiguro, like I do in stories like this.

- "Thoughts".

- Speech.

- Announcements, yelling, quest messages or ability names.

Narrative.

*Sound effects*

You can imagine your own character appearance, or you can just use Megumi as a base, because he looks gorgeous, no matter the state.

***

***

Life is a cruel joke, and often, jokes have meaning. Unlike mine, however, as my own life barely means anything in particular. Working in customer service at the store, 4:2, 12 hours a day just to feed myself and my ever growing anime and game addiction is not what I imagined I would do as an adult.

Nothing good ever comes out of life like this, but I couldn't care less, because it doesn't matter if it's meaningful or not. In the end, I'm happy I got to do stuff I enjoy. I live separately from my family, don't have a girlfriend or a lover, and I barely leave my home on my free days. After clocking out from work, all I want to do is lay in my bed, either reading manga or novels, watch anime or write something no one will ever see, either because I can't finish what I started, or because the work turned out to be so cringe I turned it down.

Hello there, my name in Y/n L/n, I'm 18 y/o, college graduate that couldn't find a job fitting the profession he studied for, and now waste my life appreciating little joys I got to achieve. I just clocked out from my last shift, and i barely have any more strength to even think of anything meaningful after spending 12 hours in this hell people call "work".

- At least new chapter of jjk just dropped. A shame Megumi keeps making me want to revaluate what I thought of him and his usage of his own CT. Man, what a waste of potential. He was such a loved character of mine. - With a tired sigh, I put the phone back into my pocket, only to hear the screeching of tires and blaring horn of a several ton truck moving in my general direction. My mind just completely froze then and there. I could only stare at the approaching truck, like a deer on a highway, trying to desperately move my legs to avoid certain death that was about to come.

Unfortunately, life had other plans on me, and in the end, I couldn't do anything to even move a single muscle. The truck tried to avoid me, as seen by the trail of the burned tires on the road, but it was not enough. Judging by the liquid leaking I could observe before I was hit, something happened to either brakes, engine or radiator. It doesn't matter, because next thing I knew, I was laying on the groung after flying back from impact, pain surging through my entire body.