8

After defeating Verdia, the Demon Lord General I had encountered, everything returned to normal. Quests started appearing yet again, and the winter season has finally began.

On to the best possible news...

— Ah, Y/n-san, I was waiting for you! — When I appeared in the guild next day, Luna, who was behind the counter, went ahead to greet me, which was something new.

— Ah, Luna, it's been a little while since I saw you. — I greeted her back, giving her my signature smile. — What do I owe to your visit?

— Quite the opposite, it's me who owes you this time. I have a a special reward just for you.

— Special reward, you say? Is that for defeating Dullahan? — I said outloud, given that I was unaware if he had any bounty on him. Logically, he should have, but given that I heard no rumors of anyone ever trying to fight him before, it was either because there was literally no one strong enough to challenge him, or those who tried died in the process.

— Yes, that's right. You were the one to defeat him. — She said, and, before she continued, adventurers all around the guild gave their opinions.

— Of course he did! He literally wiped the ground with this guy, after all! I felt shivers through my entire body when those lightning bolts hit him right in the face!

— That bird was huge, and that snake as well! Man, I'm so jealous! He has such great summons!

— For Y/n and his feat! — They raised their mugs, and drank from them together, which honestly made me smile.

— Ahem! — Luna reminded everyone that she's still here, and, with a smile, continued. — And so, In recognition of your great feat, I present you with 300 million eris!

I choked on the air upon hearing the sum I has been granted, and had to cough for a bit to not die on the spot. It would've been embarrassing, defeating Verdia and then dying from choking on air.

T-this much?! Man, talk about big shot! — As I took the card from her hands, I saw the logo of Belzerg Central Bank that I got accustomed to after dealing with all the documents in Wiz's shop. It seems she registered me an account through my adventurer card info, and now the money was on the bank account itself. This was convenient, more so, I don't need to worry about carrying this much money in my shadow all the time. Wiz had one registered for the shop as well, so I knew how to use this system, and, after picking several options on the card, I now held 4 pouches full of coins, turning to Kazuma and his party, who curiously looked at me. — Kazuma, Aqua, Darkness, Megumin. — As I said that, and came closer, I held out the pouches for them to take. — This is a token of appreciation for your hospitality and help before. Aqua helped me with her blessing, Darkness gave me the reason to fight, Kazuma gathered all of you, and Megumin, — Coming closer, and placing a pouch in her hands, I looked her in the eyes. — Even though you acted rash back there, your power, your goal and motivation truly inspired me. Make sure that Komekko and yourself get fed properly, okay? — Standing up, and backing down, I took another pouch from the card, and threw it to the waitress. — Kazuma, each of you got 5 million eris. Now! There's 2 million eris at stake! Drink and eat a whole lot, let's celebrate the defeat of Demon Lord General!

Hooray Y/n!

May Eris bless you!

Let's drink to your health!

Just because you've drunk your health doesn't mean you can do the same with mine! — I joked, and laughing with the entire guild, took the mug of bubbly from the nearest waitress, and raised it in the air. — For the sake of defeating Demon Lord!