7

I couldn't stop moving forward after my recent failure in bringing down Demon Lord General Dullahan. His speed was something I couldn't react to, and even my Rabbit Escape, which exist for this sole purpose, couldn't react fast enough for me to get out of his range.

All sorcerers of the grade 1 and above have a reaction time that makes it nigh impossible to ambush or surprise attack them, and it made me rethink almost everything I thought about cursed energy. I may be fast physically, but my reaction speed is lagging behind.

It was not hard to guess what was the reason, given that only one organ in human body is responsible for reaction speed. I needed to boost my brain with cursed energy for it to work faster, but I never did so out of fear I might get brain damage in the process. Now that I can use RCT, I was willing to try that out.

With a long sigh, I let cursed energy move through my entire body, getting adjusted to the feeling first, and then, after I was ready, I moved cursed energy to my brain, feeling a slight tingling, as if my brain was getting tickled from inside, until the feeling disappeared, with me already feeling changes. The world became slower for me, which was a result of me perceiving it with a better brain power, rection speed and increase in my vision. I might not be a hawk, but brain is also responsible for what an eye can see, aside from eyes itself. I did not dare to try and improve my eyes as well, since I could see just fine, but with brain boosting my vision, I was more than happy. I will need to walk, run and do basic things in this state for a while, because before, my reaction speed was slower than my actual speed, and it can be reverse for the reaction speed being faster than physical speed, and I need to get used to the feeling.

Aside from getting my reaction speed to a proper level, I started learning an ability I will be using for a while, which was only available to me after I subjugated Max Elephant. This ability is called "Piercing Water", which Sukuna was able to use after he got Megumi's body and figured Max Elephant. I couldn't shoot water under high pressure from my hands just yet, but I was able to create water, at the very least. I will need more training to get it right, but I will get to it eventually. Given it's almost been a week since the incident, my progress couldn't be called small.

I couldn't look Megumin in the eyes after I failed to protect her and Darkness, and so, I refused to go on explosive walks with her, even if I felt bad about it. She will most likely find a new place to train, with someone else helping her out, but, for now, I spent the day training, taking care of Saitama Jr., who was steadily growing. His rate of growth made it an urgent task to finally find a house for me, but, given that I had a very limited budget, I couldn't afford anything that I saw on the market that had suited my needs.

The next day, though, I decided to finally go and get myself a quest, and, just as I walked into the guild, I saw Aqua and Kazuma bickering over a quest she had picked.

Manticore and Griffin fights over a territory. Please, kill them both. Reward is 500 thousand Eris. Are you dumb?! — Just as he was about to slam the quest notice back on the board, I grabbed it from his hands, and headed to Luna. — Y/n? You're going to take that?

— I need to get more exp and level up as fast as I can. I recently hit level 26, but It's clearly not enough for me to deal with Dullahan. I can, most likely, kill him if I use my summons to their best capacity, but in order to do so, I need to get better grasp at my abilities, strength and reaction speed. He's faster than I am, and if I can't react to what he is doing, my summons will not be able to receive better orders than just "attack it". This quest will be a good test of what I did recently. — I said, reading into the quest better. Village to the north, with those two creatures fighting over a piece of land near a farm because there's food right under their nose. — Good luck with the quest you're getting. I will go for this one instead.