6

I expected to wake up in such pain that my actual death would feel like a blessing, but after I opened my eyes, I couldn't care less about the pain, because I didn't feel it. In fact, I felt as good as ever, which is probably the effect of Cursed Energy on my body. Even though it can't heal, it can amplify my natural processes, such as toxin filtration, natural regeneration, and even blood flow. All that combined, and I have a clear head even after the heaviest alcoholic duel in my entire life. Speaking of a duel...

- Oh crap... - I almost forgot about Chris being there, given that I carried her all the way to the tavern after letting her vomit her stomach out in the alley. She was still sleeping, with a bit of saliva leaking from her mouth straight on the pillow. It was funny, but as amusing as it was, I needed to wake her up. Dismissing Nue that was asleep, I carefully approached the sleeping thief girl, shaking her shoulder. - Good morning, it's time to wake up. - She mumbled something incomprehensible, and turned away from me. - Come on, open your eyes, sleepyhead. - Shaking her harder, I got the same result as before, and, with a sigh, opened the door for Saiamta Jr. and Dusk with Dawn to leave the room so they can wait for me in the tavern.

Grabbing the sheets on the bed, and stretching my arms to do the trick, I tugged on it as hard as I could, and then a human learned how to fly. Chris, with her nonexistent weight, literally flew a meter high into the air, which was enough to wake her up.

- AAAHHH! - She screamed, falling back on the bed, only to be met with my amused gaze after she managed to sit down. - Y-y/n?! W-what are you doing in my room?! How did you even get there?! - She pointed her finger at me, blushing from embarrassment, and trying to cover her body with her only hand, as if she was naked this whole time.

- This is my room, Chris. - I pointed at the room itself, then at the bed. - You passed out from drinking too much, and I brought you there to sleep. Couldn't leave you sleeping on the streets, you know? Other than that, here, have some water. You probably feel drained. - Given that I had some useful items in my shadow at all times, a water jug is not as bizarre as it may sound. Chris blushed even more after she did indeed see it's not her room, and gratefully accepted the water I gave her. - Let's go eat something. You had to vomit your entire stomach, I bet it's empty now.

Just as I said that, both of our stomaches rumbled in frustration, indicating our rising feeling of hunger. Chris could not stop the blush from getting even deeper, because for her, it was probably one of the most embarrassing things happening in her entire life. She quietly left my room, following my steps, and as we reached our table that was reserved for us by my shikigami, we sat down, ordering whatever we decided to choose.

An awkward silence was set between us, as we were eating our food, until she decided to break the ice with her words.

- What do you want to ask me to do after I lost? - I could see a few drops of sweat forming on her forehead, since she was nervous when thinking of literally ANYTHING I could ask her to do, given our binding vow. Anything mischievous, dangerous, downright stupid or criminal. But, alas, her worst assumption didn't come even close to what I had in mind after brainstorming the answer from myself for a little while.

- Let's go on a date. - Was my answer, with the most honest smile I could offer. Taken by surprise, Chris, who's brain was now rebooting with a windows XP sound effect, took her sweet time to proceed the information I just dumped at her. Once she did, she became as red as a tomato, with comical steam coming from her ears.

- W-w-whad do you mean a date? As in, a date date? I've never been invited to one, a-and I don't even know what to respond, oh geez, what do I do what do I do... - She began panicking, and it was clear it was a situation she was not ready for. I giggled, stopping her in her tracks.