Chapter 27 - Going on a Date?!

[Word count - 2,275]

A few weeks later...

Location - Convenience Store

Your POV

Weeks have gone by since I had that rematch battle with Ave Mujica. While I was happy that I managed to win, I can't help but feel bad for Sakiko. She started to avoid me like a disease, and to be honest, I don't like it one bit. I want to help her, but I don't know how... I think my only option is to give her some space, and hope she'll talk to me.

As of right now, I just got done with class, but I am glad that I don't have to work today. I decided to go to the convenience store and buy myself a snack. As I walked inside, I was greeted by a familiar person I was not expecting.

Who was it? Why, it was Lisa of course, and she was located behind the counter.

"Welcome!"

"No way... Lisa?! What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Hey, look who it is." She grins. "Nice to see you, (Y/N)."

"You too, but again, what are you doing here?" I asked again.

"Oh, right. You see, I work here part-time." She answered.

"Really? I didn't know that."

Lisa chuckled.

"Sorry. It's not like I was trying to hide it from you or anything." She said.

"Nah, it's fine." I said. "Is it just you that works here?"

"Not exactly." She answers. "Moca works here too, but as you can see, she's not here today."

"Oh, I see."

There was a brief moment of silence between us before Lisa changed the subject.

"You know, it's a good thing you came in today." She said. "I've been meaning to talk to you for a while now."

"Oh yeah? What's up?" I asked.