11

TW: This chapter contains a graphic description of domestic violence 

Madelene rummaged through the pockets of her navy winter jacket to find her house keys when she felt a sudden pull on her shoulder, causing her to hold her breath in surprise as she was forcefully turned around.

"Are you kidding me? You are fucking my psychotic brother?"

The words hit Madelene like a punch to the gut, and she recoiled from Charlotte's embrace, her eyes widening in shock and disbelief.

The skinny, tanned girl was standing in front of her. Big, chocolate eyes were open wide as her teeth clutched forming a displeased grimace on her face. She stood there, arms folded at her breast as she studied Madelene. 

"What... what do you mean?" Madelene stammered, her voice barely above a whisper.

Why would she even say that, how does she know?

It felt like walls around Maddie were getting closer and closer trying to suffocate her and there was nowhere to escape. 

Charlotte's expression hardened, her features twisted in a mixture of anger and hurt. "Don't play dumb with me, Madelene. I saw the way you and Malachai were acting back there. It's sickening."

Madelene's mind raced as she struggled to find the right words to defend herself. "It's not like that, Charlotte. I... I don't know what you saw, but it's not what you think."

But Charlotte wasn't convinced. "Save it, Madelene. I may not have proof, but I know what I saw. And if you think for one second that I'm going to stand by and let you destroy our family with your sick games, you're sorely mistaken."

Tears welled up in Madelene's eyes as she watched the hurt and betrayal in Charlotte's gaze. "Charlotte, please," she pleaded, her voice trembling with emotion. "You have to believe me. I would never... I could never...don't tell anymore"

"I don't want to hear it, Madelene. Just stay away from me and stay away from my brother. If you know what's good for you. Fucking him? Sure I could go around that, it's gross but whatever...but letting him suck your magic like a fucking leech? Have some respect for yourself Madelene, this is embarrassing. I'm embarrassed for you. "

Charlotte was getting closer and closer to the brunette, the other girl was pressed against the hard, wooden door, holding her breath as the taller one got just inches from her face.

"Not only will I tell my dad, but everyone in this fucking coven, understood? there is no convincing, you have no idea the danger you are putting us in! Malachai is dangerous! Got it?!" Tears were streaming down the shorter girl's eyes as the other screamed right in her face.

She was choked up, not being a confrontational person, she just stood there quietly sobbing.

"Do not tell please Charlotte, he is my friend..." she quietly spelled out

The Parker sister just looked her dead in the eyes and laughed, her laugh reminded her of Kai in a way, their sharp jawlines and deep, big eyes, even if the colors were different, the resemblance was uncanny.

"You are crazy Madelene" she spoke with venom " He is nobody's friend. He has no friends but himself. He doesn't love anyone but himself, he never loved you and he never will, no matter what bullshit he told you, he only has you around for your magic" Every word was spelled out with more and more blunt anger. "I'm telling, there is no way I won't. Just prepare for the impact, you stupid, stupid girl"

With that, Charlotte stormed off, leaving Madelene standing alone. Feeling overwhelmed by the gravity of the situation, Madelene took a deep, shuddering breath, trying to steady her nerves. She knew she had to act fast if she wanted to salvage anything from the wreckage Charlotte threatened to unleash upon her life.