13 (18+)

TW: This chapter contains graphic descriptions of violence, murder, gore, graphic sexual content, and overall scenes that might be disturbing to some.

The Parker household was rarely quiet, children laughing and running around, chanting spells, and arguing could be heard even from the outside as you walked by. 

The Parkers would always eat dinner at six in the afternoon and after they would split chores evenly between the older siblings while Lucas and Olivia ran around the table.

They would watch game shows on TV every Saturday night screaming the answers at the top of their lungs and eating maintains of popcorn. 

And they would decorate the Christmas tree almost a month before due to Olivia's pleading. She was the most adorable little thing, and no one was able to resist her charm. 

Charlotte would pick up her younger siblings from school three times a week and walk them to soccer classes. 

Rosemary Parker would read stories to her children before bed every night.

And they were happy and content with their lives. 

 Then there was Malachai Parker, the black sheep, the one nobody cared to include, in his room, waiting for the house to quiet down, for the lights to turn off before he emerged from his hiding. 

Well, tonight was different. Tonight he had a plan, and nothing was stopping him from being with Madelene ever again.

He stood in his room looking out of the window and waited. The big car appeared in the driveway not long after. Joshua and Rosemary were in the front, they remained in the car when all of his siblings jumped out one after the other. 

Josette held little Olivia in her arms while Lukas walked on the other side clinging to her hip. Joey crawled out out next, clearly uncomfortable with his tall figure being squeezed into the small middle row of the van,  unamused as his father spoke to him in a recommendatory tone from the driver's seat, he was to drive back to college first thing tomorrow morning after stopping by for the graduation day. 

Then out of the last row of seats in the van hopped out Charlotte in her cap and gown, holding her diploma, head high, victorious smirk painted on her face, and right after there were Alice and Robin, bickering and fighting, younger from Charlotte by eight and seven years but almost as tall as her. It only took one look from their father to calm the pair, they were not twins, but probably as close as twins could get. They looked more alike than Josette and Kai, and yet they were not the miracle twins destined to recuse the coven from Kai. 

They all looked so happy, so mundane. 

Kai watched as his parents drove away to a coven meeting letting the kids go inside the house.

He grabbed onto his weapon, he felt magic pulsing through his veins, blocking out all thoughts, it was time.

Game on.

As the family spilled into the house, laughter and chatter filled the air, mingling with the scent of homemade pie, to be eaten later as a celebration of Charlotte's graduation.  For Malachai, it was bittersweet. Despite the warmth and joy the kids brought in, he couldn't shake the feeling of overwhelming jealousy, being an outsider, forever on the other side. 

They will never know how it is to live in his skin. 

Tonight, however, he was determined to change that. 

As the sounds of laughter and conversation slowly faded as Josette loudly reminded the rest of inside voice manners, Malachai took a deep breath, steeling himself for what lay ahead. Tonight, he would defy the expectations placed upon him and change his own destiny, no matter the cost.

𝕞𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕝 - 𝕜𝕒𝕚 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕖𝕣जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें