Confession (Adrien)

Adrien hadn't meant to cause so much of a ruckus. The whole idea was that he would turn up at the university, hopefully find Marinette, 'pretend' it was pure coincidence and then invite her out for coffee. There he could tell her that surprise! They were engaged.

However, the idea seemed to grow in extraordinary proportions, when he remembered Marinette was meant to be in design class and he could quite easily drop in and pay her a visit. Maybe he could just go in, send Marinette a message, then escape. She hadn't been answering his messages all morning, or been on the group chat — which was going slightly chaotic at the moment.

A group chat called: SSSHH with: LB, CN, RR, C...

Received Message from: Alya
What the fuck is going on!

Received Message from: Nino
I better be the best man, dude! Though you two — not telling us you were dating...such a low blow, man! We've waited years for this!

Received Message from: Félix
I get blood relative bonus...I'm the best man!

Received Message from: Luka
About time! Really happy for you both!

Received Message from: Kim
If you're not hitting Elise, can you send me her number please?

Received Message from: Alix
Sits back to watch...interesting...very interesting!

Received Message from: Zoé
Yayyyy! It's about time! Where's Marinette? I can't believe she kept this a secret!

Received Message from: Alya
Guys, I've just heard from Tikki, Marinette's turned her phone off. Let's cool it down until she's back with us. I'm sure her fiancé will keep us in the loop!

Adrien couldn't help but gulp. If Tikki had been to Alya, that meant Alya knew this wasn't real, because as far as he was aware Tikki hadn't been with him when he'd made this tiny little blunder, so the small red kwami would be just as confused as everyone else.

He looked down into his shirt to see if Plagg was there, not being at all surprised by the absence of his kwami.

Oh man, Marinette was 100% going to kill him.

After sneaking out of the lecture and towards their meeting spot, he'd made a colossal mistake — he'd taken off his hat in a need to wipe the sweat that was forming on his brow. What he didn't expect was to then be mobbed.

Although, considering he was currently standing outside a world renowned fashion school and being a world famous actor/fashion model, he should have seen it coming, really. Even his unshaven face couldn't save him this time.

Almost two hours later and he was still there taking pictures and talking to fans.

"Adrien, over here!"

As voices continued to call him, he looked down at the small girl in front of him. The girl who had plagued his dreams and his life for the past eight years. The one who was his most favourite person in the world.

"Can I have a photograph?"

"Adrien, I love you."

"Back off, will you!" An authoritative voice grew closer and Adrien automatically went into defensive mode, cradling Marinette into his body with the intense need to protect her.

"It's ok, pretty boy, we're on the same side."

Adrien looked at the face which matched the voice and was startled to see Anthony was there, Marinette's tall fashion friend dropping a wink and coming to their defence. Adrien's hand released Marinette a little and allowed her to move.