In the Rain (Adrien)

As the rhythmic sound of water echoed through the mansion, Adrien wandered through his room, his thoughts drifting aimlessly. The patter of rain against the windows added to the soothing ambiance, filling the space with a sense of tranquillity.

Alone in his bedroom, Adrien couldn't shake the feeling of anticipation that bubbled within him. Marinette was in his shower—Marinette, the girl who captured his attention in ways he couldn't quite explain. His heart raced as he imagined her just a room away, the thought of her presence filling him with both excitement and nervousness.

He glanced toward the closed bathroom door, wondering what Marinette was doing behind it. Was she humming a tune? Lost in her thoughts like he was? The curiosity gnawed at him, tempting him to knock and join her, but he resisted, knowing he should respect her privacy.

Instead, he busied himself with his warm cup of tea, placing hers down on the table and watching the steam rising in gentle curls as he took a sip. The rain continued to fall outside, its soft melody a backdrop to the quiet anticipation that lingered in the air.

He'd completely overstepped his boundaries, but she had responded to him and he just couldn't stop. Her eyes had darkened and her body had quivered under his touch, the whole exchange feeling electric.

Water snaked down the window, his reflection being obscured by the movement in a way which was all too familiar. It had started similarly seven years ago. They'd revealed — celebrated — hugged... It had been picture perfect...until the weather turned. As they'd decided to run for cover, they'd completely misheard what the other had said. Very much a Rachel and Monica 'got the keys' situation, as when Adrien landed home after running through thousands of flirty lines in his head, he turned around to deliver the greatest chat up line of his life, only to find himself alone. She hadn't followed him back to his home, and, as she'd told him later, she'd thought he was following her.

The moment had been broken, and as much as he wanted to get it back, to relive the undeniable tension between them, it had never resurfaced. They'd slipped into this close friendship, Marinette taking his number one spot as his best friend – much to Nino's chagrin. And he loved her. He really did. But the day he was offered his first movie role in London, she was there supporting him, telling it would be good for him. She'd always been his biggest supporter, getting him to move forward with his life, when really he just wanted to stay put and be with her.

Then the day the world found out about his father, she was over with him in a heartbeat, dropping everything in Paris to be by his side and support him through the questioning and the world turning against him, and here she was now, helping to turn it back.

The wind outside blew the rain harshly into the window, Adrien heading over to where his phone was on the table and grabbing it. He'd promised Lana he'd check in with her this evening, and, to be honest, with Marinette there, he wanted to remain focused on her, not on the off chance his agent would remember to call him.

Before selecting her number, he quickly tapped on their supergroup, checking what was happening in his friend's world.

A group chat called:The Core 4 with: M, A, A, N

Received Message from:Alya
BugBossLady Meow-sterMind are you two trying to cause panic around Paris? You reappear and then we get this terrible storm! I'm getting hundreds of emails about whether there's a new villain out there!

Received Message from:Nino
By hundreds, she means 3!

Received Message from:Alya
And were you both fighting or making out on the rooftop, because with the pictures I've seen it could be either!

Sent Message: There was more than kissing...if you know what I mean ?

Received Message from:Nino
C'mon man! You're going to give her a heart attack! She has two ships which are sailing...she can barely contain herself as it is!