Fantasy au (Adrien)

Adrien sighed and looked around the room. Over the past week, his energy had gone into two things — spending time with Marinette and working on their house. He wanted it to be perfect, but he also wanted to put his own fingerprint on it. The architects and builders had been really accepting, allowing him to help with some of the lifting and manual labour, and he couldn't have been more grateful.

The house was close to completion. There was about another week's worth of work and then it would be ready to move into, and hopefully they would be moving in together, sharing memories and the home forevermore.

When the survey of the house had been compiled, luckily there wasn't a lot which needed doing structurally. It was very much a cosmetic overhaul, and some woodworm to sort out. Tom also came over whenever he could, Adrien wanting him to see and be happy with the changes to his father's home. And even though the big guy told him over and over again that he didn't care, and as long as they were happy he was happy, Adrien wanted to make sure everyone was involved.

His cheeks were still pink from the last upstairs tour he'd given his father-in-law, when the guy had mentioned to him which room would be perfect for a nursery and where everything could go. Though he should have been embarrassed by the idea, he wasn't. He was flustered at the idea of being a father to his and Marinette's child. Because he was certain now it wasn't just a dream, or an idea. This was going to be his reality.

But that wasn't the room he was most interested in. The room he was standing in now was the most important, and it was almost perfect. He just needed the interior designers to come in and finish it off. A job for next week when he was away in London again.

Even after Ladynoir stole the spotlight a couple of weeks ago, Adrinette had pushed themselves back to the number one spot, everyone getting in on the action, with rumours of the wedding being only a matter of weeks away. A rumour they neither confirmed or quelled.

They'd kept themselves out of the suits, and away from rooftops. Though, the suit she'd worn that evening on the rooftop still lived rent free in his head. He'd woken many mornings with a smile on his face, thanks to the dream including that specific one.

The doorbell rang, just in time to stop his mind spinning into an 18+ Cupid's Cove upgrade.

Making his way to the door, he brushed the dirt off his hands and wiped them down his trousers, adding to the thick grime already coating them.

The doorbell rang again, rather frantically this time, which could only mean a certain person would be standing, grumpily, behind the door.

Swinging it open, Adrien gave his best Igor impression. "You rang?"

In lieu of an answer, Éliott thrust two garment bags into Adrien's arms and rolled his eyes. "I do not get paid enough for this." Turning swiftly on his heels, like the diva he was, he strode back down the path and towards the car parked on the street.

"Thank you!" Adrien called after him, only to be greeted by a lift of his middle finger. Adrien chuckled and shook his head.

When he moved back to Paris he'd most certainly miss his PA. He also missed where that idea came from...but it warmed him more than anything. Paris had once again become his home, and in his past couple of weeks here, everything he'd ever dreamed of was coming true, whether they were pretending or not.

A couple of hours later, he stood in Marinette's room, waiting for her to finish getting ready. He'd custom-ordered the costumes to be created from a piece of artwork he'd seen of himself and Marinette online — perfectly named a fantasy au. But this wasn't any fantasy. This was Hades and Persephone, the sweet goddess he kidnapped and took straight to the underworld with him. Yep, that was about right.