Family Found (Marinette)

A group chat called: Maidens of Mayhem with: A, A, M, J, R...

Sent Message: I mean this with all the kindness in my heart — you all better behave yourselves tonight (yes, I'm talking to you, Alya!)

Received Message from: Alya
Call me out, why don't you!

Received Message from: Rose
I promise we'll be on our best behaviour, you have no need to worry (plus we have the garden group ready to de-weed Alya if needed!)

Received Message from: Alya
Again, why is this aimed at me?

Received Message from: Juleka
Is it true the party's costing the same as a house?

Sent Message: I have no idea! I'm just turning up 😄

Received Message from: Mylène
Love that you're just living the dream. You really deserve everything, M! You're like the best person in the world!

Sent Message: Aww, Mylène! You're incredible too. We all are! Teamwork, remember!

Received Message from: Alix
I'm with Mylène on this, and remember I have the inside scoop. You and Adrien deserve the world. I know this is incredibly mushy for me, but you guys are the greatest!

Received Message from: Alya
I second Alix! Enjoy tonight, Marinette. I promise none of us will mess this up for you. It's your night, just go and enjoy it 🩷

Marinette closed the conversation with a wide, grateful smile on her face. Tonight was the engagement party of the century - at least, that's what 'E News' was calling it - and she was excited. Very, very excited. She'd spent the morning lazing around, watching movies, and trying to help her maman and papa in the bakery.

Unfortunately, as soon as Adrien Agreste's fiancée was seen on the shop floor, it had caused carnage and her mother had banished her back upstairs. The bakery had always been busy, but this was insane. It seemed news travelled quickly when you were the fiancée of an international superstar. Who would have thought?

But she was bored! So, so bored! She'd had a bath, which felt like several hours but happened to be only 40 minutes, played video games by herself and progressively annoyed Adrien with memes for most of the day. With Lana being over, he was spending the day strategy planning and then sorting out the party for the evening. Marinette had even messaged Nathalie to see if she had anything on. She just needed company!

...because when she didn't, her mind spiralled.

She and Adrien had become hot news all around Paris and what seemed like the world, everyone wanting to know every detail about them, which only made things worse in the long run...as it stopped her from going out on a run! She hadn't been able to transform since the almost kiss on the rooftop the other night. The kiss which replayed in her dreams over and over again, but with a different ending...a very different ending which had them in very different outfits, i.e. none!

WhatsApp chat with: My Kitty 😻

Sent Message: Leyton, Everlark and Percabeth, what do they all have in common?

Adrien: They all include a dashing blond? Just like two other famous couples: Adrinette and Ladynoir!

Sent Message: 😆 True! Anything else?

Adrien: The males are all saps and would die for their woman

Sent Message: Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!