Chapter 6

"Do you hear that?" Jackie asked Harry.

"It's incredible," he commented, peeking through the long curtains that hung over the doors that led out to the Buckingham Palace balcony.

The wedding party had arrived in Buckingham Palace for photos and the first kiss. Even from inside the palace, the cheers from the crowd were overwhelming. A royal guard had informed Jackie that over 1 million people were lining the streets to catch a glimpse of the Royal couple.

"Shall we go?" Kate asked, still in her dress and veil.

Nods of agreement came from all around. The families were directed to go first, followed by the bridesmaids and pages. Jackie looked to Harry, who held out his arm. She took it, and the pair walked through the doors and into the sun.

Multiple female voices screamed "Harry!" Signs were being waved, Great Britain's flag was everywhere, and the dull roar of voices was like a brick wall. Jackie waved and smiled, still holding onto Harry with one arm. The couple paused for a moment before walking to the side of the balcony. Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip emerged next, standing like well practiced statues, their faces stoic but happy. Jackie smiled at Harry's grandmother when she stood next to her, receiving one back.

Trumpets sounded. The noise of the crowd filled up Jackie's whole body. In front of her, little Eliza plugged her ears and rested her chin on the railing, not impressed. Jackie beamed as Will and Kate walked out onto the balcony, their hands linked. She clapped softly as Will and Kate emerged from the door, striding to the railing, arm in arm. They waved a bit, teasing the crowd. The air was full of tension as the world waited for the first kiss. Jackie was anxious as well, she and Kate had gone over how the kiss would be for months. Not to much, not too little.

Will and Kate glanced at each other, exchanging small smiles before they went in. Jackie clasped her hands together, beaming with happiness. The crowd absolutely erupted, to the point that she had to refrain from covering her ears. Jackie's head turned, and she locked eyes with Harry. She could tell they were thinking the same thing.

The wedding party remained on the balcony for quite some time, waving when their names were shouted, smiling, and speaking their thoughts about the crowd into each other's ears. Jackie's skin was in constant waves of goosebumps as she listened to the roar. She had never experienced such an event in her life. After basking in the glory of the excitement for some time, the party began to exit one by one. Jackie couldn't take her eyes off of the spectacular sight before her, and before she knew it, she, Harry, William, and Kate were the only ones who remained.

Jackie looked to Harry, and he raised his eyebrows. "Ready?"

Jackie nodded and took a few steps over to Kate. She took her friend's hand and squeezed it tightly. "You are the most beautiful bride I've ever seen."

Kate grinned, her eyes wet. "Thank you."

Jackie took one last look at the crowd before she left the balcony at Harry's side.

---

"You did an amazing job," gushed an excited guest as she reached Jackie in the greeting line.

"Thank you so much," said Jackie with a genuine smile.

She shook the woman's hand, who continued. "To think, a commoner bride and maid of honor- this country has come a long way."

Jackie's smile didn't falter as the woman left and a new guest appeared in front of her. Will, Kate, Harry, and Jackie had formed a small line at the entrance of Buckingham Palace's Throne Room in order to greet the guests arriving at the reception. The room had been transformed into a magical sight- sparkling lights, lush table settings, and beautiful drapery. A stage had been set up where Ellie Goulding was set to perform.