Chapter 19

I like to think that if Royals were a movie, the song above would play during the final scenes. Listen while you read!

---

"That's the best food I've eaten in my entire life," Jackie said with a sigh, buttoning up the red evening coat she had borrowed from Kate.

The man at the coat check handed Harry his black coat before the Prince said, "I would usually say a Big Mac is my favorite meal, but if I was in the mood for something fancy, this would be my first choice."

Jackie laughed, taking Harry's hand as they left Carbone, a delicious Italian restaurant in the Village that President Obama had personally recommended to Harry when he got the news the Prince would be visiting Manhattan. Without the fuss that usually accompanied them in London, Harry and Jackie were able to slip into their waiting, unmarked car, that effortlessly joined the flow of New York City traffic.

"I may have to buy a little flat in SoHo," Jackie commented. "This is the most privacy I've had in months."

"It's nice," Harry agreed. "Though I don't know if my grandmother would approve of you living in America full-time."

"Not full-time, just have a little getaway when things get overwhelming in London." Jackie rested her head on Harry's shoulder, enjoying their quiet moment in the car that was moving slowly and surely uptown, until it came to a stop under the bright lights of Broadway.

Harry didn't bother to wait for the driver to come around and open his door, he stepped out first before offering a hand to Jackie. There were crowds of people mulling about outside of the numerous theaters that lined Broadway, and unfortunately, a few paparazzi had clearly gotten the word that the Prince and his girlfriend would be attending a play that night, because a crowd of about 15 immediately began flashing away as soon as the pair climbed from the car.

Harry took Jackie's hand and led her into the Imperial Theater, where they would be watching a performance of Les Miserables. It was Jackie's favorite musical, and she had been looking forward to seeing it for weeks. Harry had managed to get two seats just a few rows back from the stage on short notice, and the theater was neatly full by the time they sat down, flipping through their programs.

Jackie smiled to herself as Harry squinted at the song titles. "There're a lot of songs in this show," he commented.

"Well, it is a musical, it's all songs."

Harry's eyes widened. "There's no speaking?"

A woman to Jackie's other side laughed and whispered. "I've drug my husband along, I think he would much rather watch a football game than a musical."

Jackie smiled. "He would rather be doing anything than watching a musical, but that shows how much they love us, don't you think?"

The woman nodded with a broad smile. "That's right."

Jackie turned back to Harry and intertwined her fingers with his. "Thank you."

As the lights dimmed and red curtains swung open, Jackie took the opportunity to sneak in an appreciative kiss.

---

"It's so late, they're really going to let us see it now?" Jackie whispered, holding tight to Harry's arm as they followed a man Harry had introduced to Jackie as a tour guide in the lobby of 1040 5th Avenue, Jackie Kennedy Onassis's old apartment building.

"They've made an exception for us," Harry said as they stepped into the elevator with "Mr. Smith", the tour guide. Mr. Smith pushed the button for the 15th floor, and the elevator rose smoothly, the occupants riding in silence.