Chapter 7

When life gives you...metal?

Kai headed towards the next door which belonged to Cole if she remembered correctly. Well here I go she thought to herself well knocking on the door. After about two minutes she knocked again, when Cole still hadn't open the door after another couple of minutes she decided to try the door. She noticed that the door was unlocked so she opened all the way and walked right in. She noticed that Cole was in the room but was in the middle of working with what looked like a sheet of metal so she stood to side of the door out of the way of all of the equipment. She watched as he stood in front of the fire with what looked like an exhaust pipe that leads to the open window. He was placing a sheet of metal in to the fire, take it out then he would bend it in haft and he keep doing that over and over till he had a simple square that look to about the size of Kai's hand. Cole then place the square into a black container which then was placed on a stand that was in the fire. When he was finished he took off his gloves and his goggles then turned towards Kai after placing the items on the bench that was next to him.

"Thanks for not interrupting me while I was working if I didn't keep working I would have warped the metal and destroyed it and I would have to start all over again." He stated while running his hand though his hair,

"Why would you have to work on it again, if I may ask?" Kai asked in a questioning tone while lifting one of her eye brow.

"I was interrupted by Chase at the end of the day yesterday when I was bending the metal and since I didn't bend it all the way and wait, then when I went to heat it the rest of the way I warped it. If I kept on melting the sheet after it was warped the metal would have burned and I wouldn't be able to use it at all." He explained to Kai.

"Wow that is interesting but have you ever tried to do other items besides swords or even other weapons like guns?" Kai questioned.

"I tried to work on other but I didn't like the why most of the items would come out. For the most part the only thing that come out like I pictured were the swords." Stated Cole.

"Can I stay and watch the next step or is there anything I could do to help, Dex told me to help everyone in order if they need it." Inquired Kai

"Well I really don't need help and I need to do the next step once the metal liquidize all the way with won't happen till another 2 hours sorry, but if you are interested in metalsmithing or just swordsmith I do have a few books that you can look at.' Cole replies with while he is walking towards a bookshelf and grabs three book from different shelves. He walks back toward Kai hands them to her and waves. 'Sorry that I don't need your help even cleaning as you see but come back tomorrow and I might need help or I might be able to show you how to start with metalsmithing." When he finished talking he turns around and Kai heads out. She heads to the room that she shares with all the other girls. When she goes in she heads to the farthest cubical from the door which is hers and places the books on the desk. She heads back to the hallway with the work rooms and heads towards the last door. She sees the door is open so she sticks her head into the room while she knocks to tell if there someone in the room. So when looking onto the room you see basically a wall splitting the area into two parts. On the right side of the partition is Ariel's work area and on the left is Kenshi. Ariel's work area has a curtain blocking the area from view so she was just sticking out her head out and Kenshi was just leaning on his chair.

"Hi Dex told me to go to all of the work rooms to see if people need any help or just needs help cleaning." Kai asked while she stepped in to the room waiting for their replies.

"While I don't need help and I don't need any cleaning because I do that as I go but you can bring these trash bags to the right places that would be a great help. The red bags go the trash room off of the kitchen and the blue bags to Cole. Just ask Sam how to get into the trash room and ask Cole where to place the blue bags." Stated Ariel.

"It's the same for me if you don't mind mine are near the door just behind you." told Kenshi. Kai just nodded her head up and down grabbed the four bags that they told her about. She heads to Cole's workshop first. She placed the red bags outside the door and went into the workshop with the blue bags. Cole was facing to door when she walked in so he pointed towards the blue box that was beside the bookshelf before.

"Just place the bags in there for now you have some more to bring to Sam or the trash room right. You can open them and sort through after you are done with that. Oh and can you bring the bags in the corner behind the door to the trash room too." Cole explained to Kai. Kai just placed the bags into the box like Cole said and went to the door grabbed the two bags where he said they were then headed out the door. She grabbed the other two bags as well and headed to the kitchen when she came in she saw Dex and Sam talking. When the door closed they saw her and point to the door that was on the other side of room behind them. She walked into the room and saw that there were two big boxes in different colors one was red like the bags and the other was black. She placed the red bags into the red box and head back though the kitchen waved to Dex and Sam then head back to Cole's to help sort the bags. When she was in the room Cole explained that once she opened the bags there will be three different things in the bags and she is to separate the items into the bins that were in the closet on the other side of the furnace. So Kai opened the blue bags without ripping them so they could be used again, and dumped all of it into the blue box that she placed the bags into at first. She drought the box around to the closet and opened the closet with the box holding it open and started the separate the items. One bin was paper, another was metal parts to melt down, and the last one was wood that I think that Kenshi used because it was all from his bag since she opened that one first so it was on the bottom. When Kai was done she placed everything back where is found everything and head out while waving bye to Cole as she left which he returned since he was stirring the metal that was melting still. Kai decide to ask Dex if there was anything else he wanted her to do but she really was hoping he didn't so she could take a look at the books before there wasn't any light she could use. She first went to the kitchen to see if he was still and she was in luck he was.

"Hey Dex I finished and asked all the workshops if they needed help is there anything you need or want me to help with." Asked Kai while watching Sam stirring a pot that looked to be stew.

"No you did a lot of jobs today go take so time to yourself before dinner Sam says it should be ready in two hours." Dex replied to her when waving his hand towards the door and turning around to talk with Sam. Kai didn't waste any time after he said that and speeds walk back to the girl's room so she could read. She grabbed the first book and started to read. She was just finished with the second one and she started to think or different questions and theories that she wanted to try so see if they can even be done so she grabbed a notebook that Bethany gave her as a journal that she hasn't used yet and started to write in it about all the notes she needed and all of the questions she had which she numbered so she could write answers to afterwards and all of her thoughts in general. When she was finished with all three books the sun was just setting and she noticed that it was just about two hours too so she placed the books and notebook in the draw in the desk that she had. She was so happy that she basically skipped back to the kitchen so she can get something to eat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well people this is the seventh chapter i hope you like it. I'm dedicating this chapter to a childhood friend who died this morning, he was a nice guy that hated bullying and helped me when i was in school. he died at the young age of 19. He was great but its mean when people die too young.

8/13/16 - well first don't kill me cause i haven't been updating I started to be really lazy sorry. So I decided to reread my last written chapter to see if i could get inspired again an i cringed a little so i edited a little here is the edited version.