Chapter 5

watershell56: so here is chapter 5 sorry for the wait I finally wasn't busy with school to write the rest and as a bonus it is longer then normal so yeah... do kill me if you don't like please

___________________________________________________________________________________

All but one

It has been five days since the crew has left the island. During that time Kai has been working with Sam in the kitchen. Today he wanted her to work on the storage room that was off of the kitchen and organize it like they did to the kitchen the past days. She had been working in there of the past four hours when she hear someone shouting her name in the kitchen, so she headed into there and she saw Dex in there.

“Kai I need you to work with Michael on one of his jobs he has been complaining that he can’t reach the small stuff do to his fucking hands being the size of sausages so I suggested you and now I need you there now since I told him that around six this morning.” Dex told Kai while pushing her toward the door leading to the hallway around where the workshops are. “The order of the shops is basically the related to the amount of space need to work. So first there is the smallest which is the artists’ shop where Kenshi and Ariel spend their time working on new material will there and the ships beck. The second smallest work shop belongs to Cole for his sword work and building. Next would be Sarah and all the animals she works with and cares for. Last we have  Michael’s work shop I don’t know what he wants you to help with but once he says you can leave I want you to go down the hall and see if anyone else needs your help ok. I have to go up to the beck and make sure everything is going steady.” That last part he enforced with a wave of his hand in the direction of the door towards Michael’s work shop. Kai walked into the shop to see Michael up on a latter moving one way to another trying to get what looked like a tool.

“Would you like some help with that.” Questioned Kai but she had asked that too quickly and do to that Michael fall straight down and landed on his ass to which Kai started to laugh hysterically and wasn’t looking to be stopping anytime soon.

“Alright that is enough of the laugh it was funny at first now it’s not” he said in an argued tone.

“Sorry your right it was only funny about two minutes after but the look on your face afterwards was just too funny the look basically said that you were so scared you almost pee and or shit yourself. I’m sorry for the laughing it’s just I kind of need a laugh.” She stated in an apologetic tone.

“Oh well let’s get started, I need your help with a little project and then I want to ask you a few questions ok.” Stated then questioned. Kai just shake her head up and down.

Kai followed Michael towards the area that he was in before. Michael handed a screwdriver to Kai and asked her to go under what looked like a giant dingy that was flip with a top that was metal instead of open. When Kai got to under the dingy and saw what looked like a door but didn’t have a handle to pull it was just screwed in, so she guessed that was what she needed to the screwdriver on. As she was on the last screw she heard Michael say something but wasn’t able to hear him so she stopped and inched out but stopped when she saw how close his face was due to him kneeing next to where her face is.

“Sor….ry I wasn’t able to hear you. What is it that you said?” Kai asked while she was inching a little back under the dingy to get away from his face to which he had also noticed that he was close to her face so he made his way to move.

“I just said to watch out for the panel. Do to once you do the last screw the thing will fall straight down on your face if you were right under it.” He replied. Kai nodded her head in understand and went back to working on the last screw. As she noticed that the panel was about to fall she held out her hand palm up to catch it. When she caught it, she reached out from under the dingy to hand it to Michael. As she was handing it to Michael she saw that there was only a red cover on the hole where the panel was. Michael grabbed it from Kai and told her to come out so he can explain what to do next. While Kai was climbing out from under the dingy, he gathered a Philips-head screwdriver, wire cutters and some needle nose pliers.

“First here are the tools you will need, next do you see this blueprint, and this is what you will see once you move the safe layer which is the red cover you saw. You are going to remove the second cover you see after the red one it will be a smaller cover with wires coming out of it everywhere, after that is removed you will see a metal core where all the wires are connected, you are going to use the needle nose pliers to pull down the orange wire till you see the object that its connected to, when you see the object you are going to take the object out from the panel by cutting the wire right at the base of the wire connected at the metal core, got that.” He had explained to her. She grabbed the three tools and went back under. As she was working she hummed a tune that for some reason she felt she need to sing but she wasn’t able to do to her not knowing the words. Has she was working she realized that she liked working on different things with her hand due to her remembering she felt like this before whenever she was helping around the village and the bandits house. When she finished she placed the orange wire with the blue object that looked like a crystal outside the area where the dingy was and left her hand out so Michael could give her the panel. When he hadn’t, she stuck out her head to see that Michael was looking at her with an astonished look.

“Why are you looking at me like that? Is something wrong?” She asked as he keep looking at her with an astonished look without saying anything. After a little while of them just staring at each other Michael shook his head to clear his mind.

“Sorry about that I haven’t  seen anyone work that fast on something that I made and not stop in the middle to have me explain it to them again much less a girl. I mean wow…” he finally shared.

“Anyways here is the panel. If you can put it back that would be great?” He said as he handed her the panel.

“Anyhow is there anything you want to ask me while I’m working on this panel?” She questioned while making her way under the dingy. While she was doing that he was thinking about he was even going to ask her.

“Oh, right I wanted to ask if there is anything that you like to do or are good at?” he questioned.

“I guess I’m good at martial arts and playing around with gadgets.” She replied while coming out from under the dingy. While she was placing the tools away Michael was thinking then why is she in the kitchen all the time she could be helping me or Cole.

“Is there anything else you are good or able to do?” Michael asked in a questioning tone.

“Well I can cook to the basic anyway, use a sword again mainly the basics, I’m not that bad of an artist either but I am more of an abstract artist so…yeah that is mainly it but come on for a 14 year old that isn’t that bad right?” Kai stated in a bored tone. Michael was thinking that that was most likely why she is in the kitchen instead of working with one of us Dex didn’t trust her yet, why does he always do this to me. He knows that I like pretty woman and I won’t go after her since she is so young but still this is mean she is great for the crew.

“So did Dex tell you what to do after I’m done needing/using you?” he requested looking straight at her. Kai looked to him while looking straight in to his eye and though should I fib and say he told me to go to the kitchen or should I tell the truth and say he told me to continue on thought the hallway.

“He told me to go down the hallway and ask the others if they need help with anything.” She decided on the truth.

“Ok then I will see you later than.” Michael told her while waving goodbye over his shoulder turning to go to work on a piece of metal.