Chapter 6

The changing of a view

Kai was walking toward the next door when she realized that it was closed and locked so she knocked to see if someone would open  the door for her. She waited about five minutes for someone to answer. As she was walking to the next door to see if she could be of some help when the door open.

“How many times do I have to tell you guys that if the door is locked call into see if I can allow people in or not…oh Kai it’s you sorry I guess Dex didn’t tell you that did him? Sorry I didn’t mean to yell at you I thought that you were one of the boys. They don’t grasp that any of these animals could kill me from the surprise of the sudden noise if I hadn’t trained them so well.” She had ranted when she finally was able to realize that Kai wasn’t one of the other boys. She keep thinking just how crazy is this crew first Michael was talking to himself and now Sarah is ranting while thinking that there is more than one person listening to her talk.

“Umm, Sarah I sorry that the boys are like that but Dex wants me to see if anyone wants any help and to go in order down the hall after I had helped with Michael. So Sarah is there anything that you need help with?” Kai questioned to stop Sarah from continuing with her rant.

“Actually yes but first do you like animals? I need to know so I don’t get you or the animal hurt by bring you together.” She inquired Kai.

“I like animals and most love me back so sure I can help you as long as you tell me what to do to help.” Kai offered. She gently stared at Sarah for her answer. Sarah stared back thinking wow ok that is weird but let’s see what she will think when I show her the animals but first to think about which animal she should help…hmm…maybe…or……I know she could help with Nika. She is the friendliest of all the animals but have I feed her yet I guess I should check that. Sarah headed into the room but held the door to let Kai know she is to follow. Kai opens the door wider to let both of them in and followed Sarah farther into the room that had about seven animals and only three of them were in cages.

“So Sarah what would you like for me to do?” She asked will Sarah was looking at a chart attached to one of the cages that was holding what looked like a tiger but red for the stripes and black for the rest.

“Oh could you go to the kitchen ask Sam for Nika’s food dish for today and then bring it back. When you get back just place the food in front of her, you will be fine Nika is the friendliest of all the animals I have. If you want you could stay a little after you are done feeding her, you can meet all of them if you want to?” Sarah said as she walked to the other two cages and read the papers hanging on them.

“Ok but I have a question. Why is she in the cage if she is the friendliest?” questioned Kai with a little tilt of her head to the right.