Annabeth

I'm fighting off a horde of karpois when the sky explodes in a brilliant flash of orange. Calli appears a few yards away, her face marked with apparent grief. I watch as she falls to her knees. Her scream pierces through the crowd with so much force that it draws everyone's attention. I don't think she does it on purpose, but I think she throws her voice.

When she opens her eyes, they're a deep, angry, violent shade of purple. It sends my internal alarms off like crazy. Every atom of my body vibrates at a higher frequency, telling me to run.

I'm guessing everyone else on the battlefield feels it too, because everyone around her quickly backs away, monsters and demigods both.

She stands, her thyrsus in her hand. The ground rumbles at her feet, and hundreds of grapevines erupt from the ground, entangling the monsters. She waves her hand, and half of them morph into ddolphins. The other half fall to the ground, writhing and screaming. She seems to only be targeting the monsters, but despite that, the energy coming off of her is so strong, so angry, that it begins to affect those of us that are beside her.

Terrifying images flash through my mind. Most of them are Tartarus-related, though I see new, unfamiliar things too. I see a woman on a ground-floor balcony being impaled by Gaea. I see Jason in a golden house, summoning a lightning blast. I see the army of monsters emerging from Zeus's fist. I see Porphyrion, cracking through an earthen shell.

Each vision sends a new wave of terror over me, and they seem never-ending.

"Calli!" I manage to scream. "Stop!"

Suddenly I'm back on the field. Calli turns her head toward me. Her eyes are still burning that angry shade of purple, but her face isn't angry. She has a look of complete and utter despair. Tears stream down her cheeks. She slams her thyrsus down on the ground with so much force that the earth cracks. The sharp sound echoes through the valley, and every single monster on the field disintegrates into dust simultaneously.

With that, Calli collapses.