5

"Harry? What are you doing here?" Louis looked surprised to see him. They hadn't really talked much in the past two months.

"I have a job interview in London tomorrow so I thought I'd pay you a visit. Can I stay over?" Harry asked. He couldn't help but smile. Louis looked so soft with his messy hair and oversized sweatshirt.

"Of course!" Louis smiled and stepped away from the door.

Harry had merely closed the door behind him before they crashed into each other and started kissing feverishly. Louis pulled him with him, removing his pants at the same time. They fell on Louis' bed and hurried to remove each other's clothes. They both came fast and hard.
"Fuck, I really needed that. Been so stressed out lately." Louis said afterward while he tried to control his breath.

"Yeah... you're not seeing someone?" Harry asked.

"Do you really think I would rip off your clothes if I did? Honestly, Harry." Louis said and rolled his eyes at him.

"Of course not. I meant like, hooking up? You're in Uni after all." Harry said.

Louis furrowed his eyebrows.
"No. Are you? I mean, that's totally fine if you are but like, give me a heads up so I'll use a condom next time."

"I'm not." Harry said.

They stared at each other
So many unspoken words between them that they both avoided.
"Okay, so tell me about the job interview." Louis said and placed a hand under his head to support it as he lay facing Harry.

"I'm applying as a photographer for BBC Wildlife Magazine. Literally my dream job but I'm not gonna get it." Harry sighed.

"Of course you are! If they don't hire you they're fucking morons and I will personally inform them of that.' Louis said.

Harry giggled.
"I appreciate the support but if I want a chance at a job like that it's better that you don't."

"We'll see about that. Do you have, eh, what do you call it? A portfolio?" Louis asked.

"Of course! Black bag in the hallway." Harry said and before he could protest Louis had jumped out of bed to get it.

He was already opening it on the way back and pulled out a folder. Harry was still in a post sex haze so he didn't pay attention.
"These are great, Harry but it's just pictures of me. Don't get me wrong, I'm a handsome guy and all and a stallion in bed but I fear that the people at BBC Wildlife would disagree." Louis joked.

"Not that one! The bigger folder." Harry hurried to say and snatched the one with pictures of Louis out of his hands. His cheeks were blushed.

Louis found the right folder and took a seat next to Harry and started to look through it. He took his time looking at each picture. Harry anxiously waited for him to say something. Louis' opinion mattered to him.

Louis closed the folder and looked at him.
"Wow, Harry. They're all great. Really beautiful. You're so talented. You've really captured the essence of each object. I mean, I'm no expert but in me humble opinion they're fucking fantastic!"

"Thanks, Lou." Harry beamed.

They spent the rest of the evening in bed and Harry fell asleep wrapped in Louis' arms. He got up early the next day to get ready for his interview. They had sex in the shower and he felt happy and relaxed when he said goodbye to Louis and headed to his interview.

They were really interested in his pictures and the interview went well. He called Louis afterward to tell him all about it and Louis asked if he could stay another night. Harry drove to his dorm once more and they had a great evening together before he returned to Doncaster with a dull ache in his chest for leaving Louis behind.

A week later he got a call from the magazine and he couldn't believe it! They wanted to hire him! They wanted him to fly to Bali three days later. Harry immediately texted Louis to tell him the wonderful news and Louis congratulated him. They texted a bit back and forth and he told him that he would be in Bali for a month. Louis only replied "Nice! Happy for you."

Louis was on his mind the whole time while he explored Bali and took photos. He spent a month on the Island before he headed back to England for a short stop before the paper sent him to Rwanda to photograph mountain gorillas.

He spent a night at Louis' and as always Louis broke out in a happy smile when he knocked on the door. They spent the night together and then he flew to Rwanda.

Some of his pictures from Bali were published and Louis called him to congratulate him.
"They're awesome! I just got a description of Wildlife so I won't miss any of your photos!"

The reception wasn't great so they hung up quickly. Harry missed him.

After giving the papers his best photos from Rwanda they decided to make an African special and asked him to travel around the continent for six months taking pictures. Harry gladly accepted even if it meant that he would be away from home for long. He texted Louis to tell him the news. He would miss Christmas and a chance to see him but he couldn't miss this opportunity. Louis just congratulated him.

He arrived back home in April with a tan and a backpack full of dirty clothes. He had seen so much and couldn't wait to show Louis. He showed up at his dorm unannounced like many times before but Louis wasn't alone this time. A girl was with him.
"I'm sorry, I should have called beforehand." Harry mumbled.

"It's fine. I'm sorry Amanda but we have to reschedule. Me friends here just came back from Africa." Louis said to the girl who left.

"Date?" Harry asked.

"Kind of." Louis shrugged.

"That's... that's great." Harry said and fake smiled. The thought of Louis with someone else made him jealous but he couldn't say that. Louis wasn't his boyfriend.

They had sex that night. Harry was desperate to feel Louis' touch and he couldn't stop kissing him. He had missed him so much.

The magazine called him in the morning. They wanted him to go to India for 4 months. That meant that he would miss most of the summer back home but if he wanted this career he had to say yes. Louis looked sad when he told him.
"So, a summer in Donny without you? That's a first."

"I'll be home at the end of July. We'll have two weeks at least before you have to go back to school." Harry said, mostly trying to comfort himself.

"Yeah." Louis said and smiled. It didn't reach his eyes.