𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟐

Arzo

"Today was fun." my sister says with a huge grin on her face before she plops on my bed.

We reached home a few minutes ago and went in our room to put our things away. Api has been smiling non-stop since the encounter with her husband and I am not letting her live this down.

So, I plop on beside her and sign, "of course it was. You saw your husband."

Just as quickly, a red shade creeps into her cheeks as she tries to suppress her smile. She hits my arm playfully, muttering "shut up."

"You're blushing!"

"I am not!"

"You shouldn't wear blush tomorrow. We'll just show you a picture of Zahid bhai and your natural blush will appear."

She rolls her eyes while I grin.

We stay in silence before we both look at each other again and I sign, "Tomorrow's the day."

She nods, "yeah." she says, smiling softly, "are you going to miss me?"

I shake my head and lie, "nope. Not at all. I'll be the girl of the house."

"You are so mean!" I inaudibly chuckle and hug her arm, "No, no. You don't have the right to hug me, traitor." I only tighten my grip around her arm, making her chuckle.

I will miss api a lot when she gets married tomorrow. The emotions are not hitting right now but only I know how it felt when I got to know that api was going to get married. I was happy but also sad.

I was thrilled to know my sister was marrying her crush- whom she couldn't stop talking about that it kind of got annoying.

I was sad to realize that she would be starting a new chapter of her life without me. I knew this day was going to come. Api has always been a dreamer, she always wanted to marry the man she loves, the man who will be her partner in the akhirah as well as in this world.

Time flew too quickly and tomorrow she will be leaving.

The reminder makes my heart ache.

I am not ready for tomorrow.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" api asks, looking at me. I nod and she continues, "how do you think Faizan is?"

I frown and sit back, looking at her before I sign, "api, are you okay? Don't tell me you agreed to marry the wrong man." I quickly stand up, "tell me, is it true? Because it's okay, I'll help exchange the groom."

"Uff! Betho!" she grabs my hand and pulls me back to my seat, "Astaghfirullah, Arzo. why would I agree to marry the wrong man?!"

"Then why are you asking how his brother- cousin- was?"

She sighs, "I am asking for you."

I make an expression as if saying "oh," as realization hits. Then I frown then ask, "why are you asking me? What am I going to do with him?"

She gives me a pissed expression before saying, "achaar banao gi." I press my lips together, "ajeeb. Why would I mention a man for you? Now, tell me."

I shrug, "I guess he was fine. Very robotic." I sign, "it was like he was given a task not to speak a word or smile or else someone would take his precious thing."

Api blinks at me, "that is how you would explain him?"

"I have a very unique way of explaining people. Like the first time, I saw Zahid bhai seeing you, it was like someone gave him his favorite sweet."

She smiles at that, "Khair-"

"You better not start talking about my rishta with him." I warn.

"I won't. At least not yet."

"No, api."

"Fine. fine. Whatever."

"Good." I sign, "you're so weird. You're getting married tomorrow and instead of focusing on yourself, you're trying to be a matchmaker for me."

She grins, "Not everyone gets a sister like me."

I eye her before slowly turning away from her, earning another playful slap on my back making me laugh before she engulfs me into a hug.

I am going to miss her so much.