𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟑

Faizan

"Oh, man, I forgot how good I look in my traditional clothes." my best friend- Farhan says while he fusses over himself.

He turns around, showing me his sherwani with a grin, "what do you think?"

"I think you should stop acting like it's your wedding day."

His smile drops and he makes a face at me, "you're just jealous. The sherwani looks better on me than you. I grew up wearing these."

I roll my eyes. He doesn't miss a chance to compliment himself. It's annoying while everyone thinks it's charming.

Since Zahid's in-laws and ours traditions are different, they decided to distribute their traditions into their wedding events, expanding the whole wedding.

It started from the engagement to henna night at the bride's then to the nikkah and then tonight is the rukhsati where the bride comes home with the groom and then the valima held tomorrow which is the last event.

Finally, after tomorrow I can go back to the office and lock myself in doing tons of work.

I promised mama that I won't work till the events are over.

It was harder than I expected because I didn't see the wedding expanding so much.

"Khair," Farhan says before he places an arm around my shoulder, "when will you give me a chance to look this handsome in my traditional wear?"

"Never." I say as I peel his arm off of me.

"Never say never." he grins and winks. I make a face at him before I exit my room to see Zahid. He follows behind.

Farhan and I have known each other since highschool. You know that annoying kid who never shuts up and glues themselves to you? Yeah, that was Farhan to me. I could never shake him off.

His stubbornness led to us becoming very good friends and later on, we started our business together, which is one of the most successful businesses in the country.

Farhan has also been a big part of our family. It started from one dinner to which mama invited him and now he is a permanent part of our family.

Finding out that Zahid's in-laws and Farhan share the same traditions, he was more than happy to do anything we'd ask.

Before I could knock on Zahid's door, the door opens revealing Zahid in his off-white sherwani with golden embroidery on it. A present from his in-laws. Behind him is his best friend, Kamran, dressed in the same beige sherwani as ours, as per the dress code.

"Wah! Zahid, bhai. You look like a diamond!" Farhan says from behind me, making Zahid bhai's smile widen, "Bhabhi might end up gouging out girls' eyes if they stare at you."

I look at Farhan with my poker face. He looks at me.

"What? Desi women are not to be taken lightly."

I shake my head before turning my attention back at my brother.

"We should get going," Kamran says after glancing at his phone.

"Okay. Let me just grab something."

Zahid disappears into the room before he reappears holding his turban. We all make our way downstairs where we find mama checking something inside her purse.

"We're ready to go, mama." Zahid says.

Mama looks up at his voice and her face breaks into a huge grin, "Oh, my God. You all look so amazing. Masha'Allah."