𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟕

Arzo

Two days after all the events are over, I’m back at university.

Can’t say I missed it. I’d rather be at home, painting or sleeping- or helping Ammi after she scolds me for always sleeping.

While my sister is having fun on her honeymoon, I’m here completing my pending work.

Thankfully, all of my professors were compromising and helped me quickly catch up. One of them even said he’ll send me his visual presentations he showed in the class that I missed. 

I have so many assignments to get done and on top of that I’m waiting for an email from F&F Innovation regarding whether or not I got the internship.

I gave the interview a week ago and am still waiting for a reply.

I did apply for other companies but F&F Innovation was my top and first choice. It’s one of the most successful businesses in the country and their owners are very hardworking.

When I started my research, I only focused on applying for the internship and searched about the environment of the company.

It’s hard to even get an internship at this company because the owners are so strict and precise about what they want.

I don’t want to keep my hopes high but I really want to work at this company if I have to pick graphic designing as my career.

After my last class is over, I pack up my things and exit the classroom. The voices of people mingle in the halls, some planning hang outs, parties or study sessions as I make my way through. I exit the building and walk towards the parking lot to my car.

I get in my car, take out my phone and put my bag on the passenger seat. I sit back in my seat, release a breath before I open my emails.

None.

My shoulders slouch in disappointment. The anxiety of not knowing whether you got the internship or not is terrifying. There’s a huge chance that I might not get in but I still need an answer.

I look up and close my eyes as I make dua.

Ya Allah, please let me receive the email today and let it contain good news.

Ameen.

After I’m done making dua, I put away my phone, straighten my shoulders and start the car, driving it out of the parking lot and going home.

Soon my house starts to come into view. I slow down the speed of the car as I spot a familiar car parked outside the house.

Shoaib’s car.

I am not dealing with this today.

I quickly park my car in the garage and hurry inside after closing the garage door. As soon as I step inside, I hear voices coming from the living room. One voice is from Abbu and the other is from Chachi.

I quickly walk past the living room door and release a sigh of relief that they didn’t spot me. Then I make my way to find Ammi.

I find her in the kitchen helping the maid. From the look on her face, I can tell she’s stressed.

She looks up when I put down my bag, “Assalamu Alaikum, beta.”

Wale Kum Assalam, Ammi,” I sign, “Why is chachi here?”

“I don’t know. She and Shoaib came unannounced saying they have an announcement.”

There’s so many things wrong with that sentence.