Ch 7

We were heading to the club room, but I decided to strike up a conversation. The silence was becoming too uncomfortable for me.

" So issei I saw you with rias earlier today? "

A blush comes across his as he gets a wide grin. ' From that look, I'm pretty sure I can guess what happened. ' devils are known for being manipulators, and seduction is one of their favorite tactics to use.

Issei looks at me with a determined look on his face. " Oh yeah, she talked to me earlier this morning. She told me that if I do a good job, I can rise up and become a high-class devil and get my own peerage. "

" Well, that's a good goal to have. "

He stretches his arm wide and speaks in a loud voice. " I'm gonna make my own harem and become the harem king, hahaha. " his outburst caused some of the girl students to look at him with disgust as we walked by.

' On second thought, I take it back. ' I put a strained smile as I look at issei. " That's nice, issei. "

I turn to Kiba. " What about you? Do you have any goals like issei Kiba. "

He looks back at me with a kind smile.
" I only wish to serve rias as her knight. " is all he says as he keeps walking.

' She really does have some loyal servants, huh? ' it is surprising to me rias has gathered such loyal people to her, especially a fallen angel and a nekoshou.

We make it to the old building and head to the second story. Kiba opens the door, allowing me and issei to enter first. The first thing I see is koneko sitting on the couch eating sweets with a blank face. She is a loli with white hair and gold eyes. So that is the nekoshou from the incident in the underworld. From what was said in the report while her sister Kuroka was practicing senjutsu, she went mad from power and killed her master.

I swear those devils with their politics and lies are nothing but trouble. I met Kuroka when I was training senjutsu with the nekotama. She came there to hide from the devils, and I had the chance to speak to her. The youkai openly harbored Kuroka but had to stop as the devils threatened to attack the youkai. That is why the shinto faction, including the youkai, has bad relations with the devils. There was a good chance a fight would have started if Kuroka hadn't fleed from there.

Issei looks at koneko with a perverted smile on his face. Koneko looks up from eating her sweets. "Perv" is all she says with a plain and blunt voice before going back to eat here sweets.

Issei seems dejected by her harsh words.
" You know, issei it wouldn't hurt to learn some manners it might help you get an actual girlfriend instead of someone that wants to kill you. " At my words, issei's head droops down but goes back up as he hears a shower running.

' they have a shower in here? That just seems stupid if you ask me. ' I look at the shower as akeno steps out from behind the curtains.

"Rias, your clothes are hanging up," says akeno as the shower stops and rias gets dressed and appears from the curtains. She takes a seat at her chair.

She looks around the room, her eyes lingering on me for a second before she smiles. " Well, thank you all for coming, especially you, Hikari.

I just nod at her, not bothering to respond.

" I feel like we should properly introduce ourselves. I'll start. I am rias gremory heir to clan gremory of the 72 pillars.

Akeno steps up to speak next. " I am akeno himejima, the queen of rias's peerage it is a pleasure to meet the both of you ufufu. " she says in a mature seductive voice as she looks at issei, causing him to blush.

Kiba places his arm across his chest and does a light bow, and introduces himself.
" I am Kiba, the knight of ria's peerage. " he says politely.

We all look towards koneko, who didn't seem to be listening. She swallows the piece of candy she was eating before looking our way. "I'm koneko." She says in a blunt voice before going back to eating.

'A whole lot of personality that one has.'
I think to myself as I look at her.

" Now that is out of the way. issei, the main reason you are here today is to activate your sacred gear. " she gets out of her chair and walks over to the front of her desk and sits on it .

" r-right my sacred gear, so uh, how do I use it? Issei says, "Not sure what to do next."

Rias just smiles at him. " If you want to bring forth your sacred gear, imagine the most powerful thing you can think of.

"Right, got it." Issei closes his eyes and concentrates. ' The most powerful thing I can think of. Then I guess goku is doing the Kamehameha, but do I have to do the pose to.'

He focused hard on the image in his head but failed as he kept taking glances at rias underwear. " I can't focus. " he says as he falls to his knees.

" You know he would be able to do it if you weren't flashing your underwear at him, rias. " I say in a stern voice.

She stands up with a frown as she looks at me.

" issei try again imagine all your strength gathering at a single point and then pull on that strength to
bring it out. "

He just looks at me, taking in my words as he stands up to try again. ' alright, gather my strength at a single point and then pull on that."

" Sounds simple enough. " He tries again, and I can sense the energy forming, but he loses that energy as it retreats back into his body.

" issei you also need to visualize it  you almost had it. "I say to him, to which he responds with a nod as he starts breathing heavily as it is draining on him.

He tries it again and does it successfully as a bright green light envelopes the room. A red gauntlet emerged on his hand. He has a look of shock and excitement on his face as he checks the gauntlet out. " So this is a sacred gear so cool. "

The rest of the peerage congrats him on activating his sacred gear.

" Good job, issei. I had faith in you. " says rias in a caring yet seductive voice as she gets close to issei.

" Thank you, boucho," says issei as he blushes from being close to her

' Wait, why are you taking the credit? I'm the one that helped him. '

After he awakened his sacred gear  he got his first job as a devil, and that was to hand out contracts. Since there wasn't a need for me to be there, I left and headed home.

" mushu, I'm back. " I say as I walk to the living room where mushu is.

" Ah, welcome back. How was your day, Hikari? "

I set my school bag down and take a seat on the floor at the table. I notice a sealed envelope with the symbol of izanami on it.

Mushu looks at the envelope and then back at me. " izanami sent a messenger here to drop it off not too long ago."

I pick it up. " I take it this is another request. "

" most likely. " the dragon says with a bit of excitement in his voice.

I opened it and read the letter.

[ Hikari, A powerful demon has escaped from my realm and has fled to the human world it has already started causing bloodshed and carnage in Japan. I would like to request that you hunt down and kill this demon. ]

" So is it. " Asks the dragon In a curious voice.

I place down the letter as a wide smile spreads across my face it has been a long while since I had a good fight.
" it is. " is all I say as I head to my room and grab a katana that was mounted on my wall and head for the backyard where mushu is waiting.

He is no longer small, but not to his original size he is now 25 meters long large enough for me to ride on. I

I hope onto his back as he flies into the night sky.