Ch 8

In the night sky, a red dragon with white fur going down its spine all the way to its tail and deer like horns could be seen heading to Osaka with a young girl riding on its back.

On occasions, I will be asked to hunt down dangerous demons, monsters, youkai, and even humans for the shinto faction like I am doing for izanami right now.

I have been doing these requests for about three years now, ranging from a lot of different people to the gods of Japan, the omniyoji, and the youkai.

Amaterasu has me usually dealing with conflicts between the omniyoji and the youkai. Some youkai become addicted to killing and need to be put down, so to speak, same for the omniyoji.

The one I'm doing right now is one of the more dangerous ones. It is a demon that has escaped from yomi, and that is not an easy feat in itself. Any being that escapes from there is never the same. Yomi is not like the underworld of the devils it is a dark and evil place where nightmarish horrors lurk. izanami has asked me to hunt it down before it causes anymore trouble.

I have been given information on this demon. It is blue skinned and about eight feet tall. He lived in the sengoku era,  leading his own band of demons to kill and plunder Japan before he was finally killed and brought down to yomi. His strength should be close to that of a high-class being

My hold on mushu's fur tightens as excitement boils in my body. It has been a while since I fought a strong opponent I hope this one doesn't disappoint me.

Mushu's seems to notice my excitement. " Don't be impatient now, just a little more, and we will be above Osaka. " he says in an amused voice.

" I know, I know. " I say as I hold up my katana in front of me it is in its sheathe at the moment, but the handle is gold and white with the guard being designed as the sun. The sheathe is gold, just like the handle with white flowers designed onto it.

We make it to Osaka as we circle high above the clouds. I take a few deep breaths as I expanded senses to cover the entirety of Osaka. I can pretty much see everything going on in the city. I searched for the demon yet can not find him.

' ughh I didn't think he would actually be able to hide from me. This is unexpected. '

Mushu turns his head to look at me.
" Were you able to find him. " Asks mushu.

I shake my head. " No, the only thing I could find were traces of his energy that was about it. " I fold my arms across my chest. " I'll need to go down there to get a better look. "

At my words, mushu makes a fast descent, passing a tall building as I jump off his back and land on the building. He quickly ascends back into the night sky above the clouds.

' alright, time to get started.' I approach the ledge of the building, jumping off and heading in the direction of his nearest energy source.

' This place is crowded as always the perfect place to hide. ' I watch the streets of Osaka from a roof being cramped and crowded like usual. ' nobody would even notice if somebody went missing in that crowd. '

I look north feeling his energy in that direction. I head over there at a fast pace coming upon a dark street with few houses. One of the houses seems to have its door kicked down as the smell of blood is overwhelming. " Well, I guess I found his meal for the night. "

I enter the house and the smell just keeps getting stronger I head into the kitchen and find the floor and walls covered in a pool of blood. I walk around the table in the kitchen and find the corpse of a black haired women. Her body is mangled beyond recognition it is twisted and broken with pieces of her flesh seemed to be eaten from.