Fourteen. Nora

*Hale Sokolov*

I was shading in her back, utter silence other than the music that played over the shop's speaker.

She told me about this tattoo being for her husband and son.

Although I never expressed it, I enjoyed understanding the art I was doing and what it means to the person I'm putting it on.

It helped me feel more connected to my clients as I never really discussed anything with them otherwise.

I checked the time.

10:45.

I was nearly counting down the seconds till 11.

"Hale!" I heard someone yelled outside the store.

"Excuse me." I turned off my gun, wiping the extra ink off her as I went to the door, unlocking it and opening it.

"Yes?" I looked and that Hally girl was standing there.

"Hey... is Ellie here?"

"She prefers Nora. But no." I said.

"When will she be here?" She looked like she was about to burst with emotion.

I had no capacity for that currently.

"About 15 minutes to work." I stated.

"Do you mind if I wait?"

"Yeah whatever." I opened the door and shut it again.

She sat in the waiting space.

I went back.

"Sorry about that."

"It's just fine."

I continued, dreading the wait I'd have to endure to see her due to Hally wanting to see her first.

"How's the pain?" I asked, shading in the second flower.

"It's not bad."

"Alright, maybe around noon we can take a break to get sugar in your system so you don't shake so bad when I'm finished."

"Thank you."

I hummed, continuing.

The door opened.

"E-Nora!" Hally shouted and I rolled my eyes as I wiped the spare ink off the woman's back.

-

I checked the time, still hearing voices speaking and it was nearly noon.

"Alright, this is a good break point." I said and she slowly sat up.

"Do you mind if I order in food?" She asked.

"Not at all, you're just fine."

I stood and removed my gloves, walking to the sink in the back and washing my hands.

"Alright, well I have to actually do some work Hally. I can talk to you later about the plans? Regardless I think my sister would love to be your girlfriend." She said and Hally smiled.

"Amazing. Thank you. Thank you Hale." She looked at me with a giant smile and I nodded.

She left and Nora sighed.

"My social battery is not up to par."

I frowned.

"Up to par... like my want to socialize is really low."

I nodded.

I took her in

I took her in.

I grabbed her hand and made her turn around.

Her brunette waves were the perfect below collar bone length.

"I like this outfit." I said.

She smiled at me.

"I know. I like it too." She tossed her arms around my neck and I laughed.

"You're a grump today." She kissed my cheek.

Lore came inside and eyed her clothing the same way I did. Her figure flattered it beautifully.

He walked behind her and his hands were on her in an instant.

I smiled at her red cheeks.

I let her go, going into my room.

"Any idea when you think we should continue?"

"Is it alright if it's like... 45 minutes?" She asked with a soft smile.

"That's just fine." I nodded.

Lore watched as she was getting Courtney's papers together and making copies of the initial papers with the add ons from this morning.

"Pull the shorts down a little." I said when I could see a bit of her ass when she bent down to get the stapler from the bottom drawer.

She turned and looked at me.

"They're already low waisted. There's not much I can do." She turned back and staples the papers putting them in the specific folders.

She moved from behind the counter to the windows as she pulled up the blinds fully and hit the open sign.

"Can you clean them? I slept on my stomach by accident and they hurt a lot. Even my stomach." She turned and asked gently mindful of the woman in my tattooing room.

"Yeah." Lore nodded.

I followed them, leaning against the wall behind Lore.

I didn't get to see them yesterday and I was undoubtedly going through withdrawals.

She lifted her shirt for her stomach first.

He looked at it.

"It's a little red." He cleaned it with the saline and q-tips.

She pulled the shirt higher, undoing the clasp of her bra.

"Mmmm, they don't look bad, they probably just feel sore." He said, gently cleaning them, cupping one as he worked around the bar and its movement before doing the other side.

Times like this when I envied his job.

She stood and he re-clasped her bra, her shirt coming back down.

"Thank you. I keep getting nervous it's gonna go wrong and they're gonna get like infected or something." She frowned, touching over the one on her stomach.

"They look good. They'll probably be sensitive for a while but they'll heal eventually." He said, his nostrils flared as she walked out and I swear his eye twitched.

I laughed.

He rubbed his eyes.

"Jesus fuck." He shook his head.

"Lore!" She shouted.

He stood and walked past me as he left.

Mother and daughter for an industrial.

I walked back to my room.

"My food is supposed to be here about now."

"You're fine. We won't resume until you've eaten."

"You know the weirdest words for being confused on more basic ones." Nora said behind me and I turned.

"Don't judge." I frowned.

"You're beautiful." Courtney looked at her.

She smiled.

"Oh thank you so much." She put a hand to her chest as she laughed.

"I haven't seen you here before, what's your name?" Courtney said and stood, offering a hand to Nora.

"Nora. I just did your paperwork so I know yours." Nora smiled.

"Beautiful. You work here?"

"I do."

"You look like someone I know."

"Did you possibly teach highschool?" Nora asked.

"I did... you're Lia's sister." She pinned.

"I am." She laughed.

And I left them to catch up.