Twenty-Two. Landed

*Eleanora Elliot*

Before I knew it I was packing, my mom helping me.

I was told to only pack essentials. I had clothes already out there.

"A whole month... with people you don't know. With a language you don't understand or speak." She sighed.

I didn't respond.

Lia knocked.

The door opened and the twins were standing behind her.

"They came to help. In that alright ma?" I asked gently.

She looked up at them.

"I want to like you both but a month in Russia?" She frowned.

"We gave her the choice of just a week ma'am even five days. This was her choice." Lore said politely.

She looked at me.

"It was mom. I want to travel. I trust them with my life." I responded.

She sighed, standing.

I stood and she wrapped her arms around me.

I hugged her tightly.

"I love you. I'll call you." I kissed her hair since she stood shorter than I had.

"I love you. Be safe."

Lia hugged me the same, the guys now sitting on my bed, Hally coming in here in very minimal clothing as she hugged me.

"Bye honey." She kissed my cheek and took Lia's hand as they walked back to whatever room they came from.

"Come here." Hale said and patted his lap.

I walked to him, his arms wrapping around me as I sat on his lap.

He kissed my cheek, moving my hair from my face.

"What happens when the flight lands?" I asked.

"Our parents will be waiting. My father speaks enough English to get you by but it's going to be a lot of guessing and body language. It's okay my mom's love language is baking and cooking. If you're alright with that." Lore smiled.

"So it's gonna be uncomfortable for a while hm?" I sighed.

"Yes but they're kind and like you already. If they sound or look mean, it's because you're American and haven't caught on yet. They have a maid during certain hours of the day who may be able to translate. But we will call you daily. You'll be okay." Hale nodded.

I took a deep breath.

-

I had said goodbye to my family, to Hale and Lore.

This 11 hour flight was going to be the death of me, but I took drowsy motion sickness medicine and passed out in first class.

-

I woke up an hour before landing, honestly feeling really good.

I ordered a mimosa, trying to relax from the nerves.

I sighed, honestly starving.

But I didn't want to eat plane food and charge their father for unnecessary overpriced meals.

But soon enough we landed and I was lucky to be off the plane within 5 minutes.

I was grateful English was written under the Russian under these signs. I would love to learn or maybe catch on eventually.

But as of now I felt adrenaline and anxiety rushing through me.

I got down the escalator and looked around just to see a tall woman and man dressed wildly better than majority of the people here.

And they looked like their children.

A man with salt and peppered hair, about the same height as his sons, in a suit, his eyes bright and blue, his face one that intimidated me the same as Hale and Lores had when I first saw them.

He was stunning. And the woman beside him had her hair shoulder length and wavy, they both looked younger than they probably were but she was just gorgeous. Hazel eyes. Tanned skin. Shiny black hair.

Immediately her heels were clicking in my direction, taller than I was she wrapped me in a hug that smelt of summer. Fruity, slightly floral.

"Privet Nora." Her voice was so soft. So feminine and comforting.
Hello.

I smiled, taken aback.

She held my wrist as she walked with me to greet her husband.

He laid his hand out.

I took it, his lips kissing the back of my hand before covering the top of my hand with his other.

"Uhm... nice to meet you. My wife, Laura. I'm called Andrei." He nodded.

I smiled.

"Thank you. It's nice meeting you too." I said and he gave a short nod as understanding.

He let me go and held his hand on his wife's lower back as he pulled out his phone.

We walked to baggage claim and my bags were collected Andrei carried them although I tried offering.

Andrei opened his wife's door and I smiled, knowing where the twins got that from.

He treated her how they treated me. And seeing it somewhere else makes me appreciate it so much more.

He opened my door too which I felt bad but he gave a nod as I sat down.

In the car his phone rang and he answered it, placing it on speaker.

I couldn't tell whose voice it was between Hale and Lore as their parents greeted him in Russian.

They spoke for a bit.

"Hey baby." And I knew it was Lore.

"Hello."

"How is it so far? Not terrible I hope." He chuckled.

"No. It isn't. They're very kind." And I assumed he told them what I said as his mother chuckled and looked happily at her husband.

"When you get to our home, mama is gonna make some dinner. She'd love if you wanted to join, if not she absolutely understands. Pa is gonna head to his study until dinner is ready. You have free rein and they don't want to make you uncomfortable so they might be a little hesitant around you but understand it's because of the language barrier. But if you could join them for dinner at the table that would be nice." He stated.

And his dad mumbled something.

"Oh and your closet and room is set up with everything you'll need. If anything was forgotten you can go ahead and write it down for my father to get."

Then his mother.

He laughed.

"And she wants to learn an American dish sometime. Or dessert."

I laughed.

"Okay. Thank you, Lore."

"Of course, sweetheart."

And I let him continue on with his parents as I looked out the window at the unfamiliar area.