V

Deon Hardt was born with an extremely unusual condition. One out of every 500 people is born albino. It seldom happens, but it seems the Countess was under severe conditions when she bore Deon. Albinism is caused by a genetic mutation that is usually passed from parent to child.

Treine gritted his teeth after documenting what had happened in Deon's life before Treine was born. He looked at Dion, who had a shitty smile on his face, and he liked how angry he looked.

"You're seriously smiling."

"It's been a while since I've seen you angry."

Seriously? Are you a sadist or a masochist? Just make up your head, dude!

Treine shook his head before sitting in the chair. Looking at the kingdom's current situation and the brewing unrest over the last two years, a war could break out. Not to mention, the Hardts are a well-known family who became involved with the nobles' leader, Duke Illustre. He was aware that the individual in question was extremely dangerous. He not only kept an eye on the Hardts, who had spies planted inside the manor, but he also paid attention to Deon.

"Treine, are you there?" It's Cruel. He jumped from his seat, opened the door, and wore his adorable everyday smile.

Cruel looked at him awkwardly before saying, "You should prepare, we have a very important guest."

"Didi?" he asked. Cruel let out a sigh. He asked again, "You're leaving Didi out?"

Cruel seemed hesitant as well. It was when the count came into view.

"Cruel, call Deon as well." It seemed forced, but Treine didn't want this family destroyed.

"Come here, little man." The count reached his hand. Treine moved close to him and looked up.

"You like your brother Deon so much." The count sounded sad.

"Don't you love Didi too?" he asked.

The count was silent for a moment. He went on his knees and looked at his youngest.

"Yes, I love him."

"Then why are you so bad to him?"

The count couldn't find the right words to answer. "It was to protect him. Even when the family loves him, other people won't. They're bound to hurt him, so we hope, he could get by by being strong. We're just protecting from the world."

That kind of thinking is twisted.

"You are not making a strong person," he said. "The Didi I know would wear a fake smile on his face, mocking himself and even calling him a monster."

Treine could recall how Deon had given up being a family to these types of people.

"You told him not to do anything, that you do not have any expectations of him. If so, why did you let him live this long if you are just going to make him cry?" he asked. "Didi, he was always crying calling for help, but none of you answered his call."

"You were constantly shoving him away without listening to his cries."

These people had no idea that Deon was just another broken person waiting to be saved.

"You are not protecting him; you are ruining him."

His words sound painfully horrible right now.

"Didi only wants one look, one compliment, one moment when he is the center of your universe, but you never gave him that opportunity."

The pain was so intense that Count could not help but wear a sad expression.

"That is not love at all."