XI

LEAVE THE DAMN OUT IF YOU WANT CANON. 

[***]

"Ah..."

Cruel, Deon, and Treine had similar frowns while staring at the letter before them. They have the same face, expression, and raised brow as if they had witnessed the most irritating thing first thing in the morning.

"Annoying."

"Right."

"Dummy."

Count Hardt wants to coo at his adorable children, who have the same frown. He expected Deon and Treine to respond negatively but never expected Cruel to do so.

"I want to laze around and sleep," Treine replied.

"Right? And enjoy an afternoon tea with a book." Deon seconded.

"Especially under the shade or in the glass house for a change." Cruel responded.

"Let's ditch it!" Deon smiled.

"Yes! Yes!"

"What to do on that day, then?"

Evan frowned as if he had heard the world's strangest thing. He thought his children did not share any brain cells, but...

"You know you could be killed if you do not appear, especially you, Young Man," he warned, pointing at Treine.

He foresaw a potentially dangerous future.

"Why me? I don't do anything."

Just your existence did everything, son. Evan side-eyes his youngest.

It seems like neither of them is going to succeed the county.

.

.

But—

"Didi~~~" Treine attached himself to Deon, and acted like a scaredy cat while facing all kinds of nobles coming into the grand hall. They've been eyeing him, pinching his cheeks, and bullying him! He just frowned and glared at everyone trying to bully him!

Cruel simply smiled and stood there. No one approached them except for older grandfathers, grandmothers, and middle-aged women who were severely spoiling him and Deon.

Deon had been shouting internally that he would like some girls as well, but why? Just why?

WHY ARE ALL THE SENIOR CITIZENS COMING HERE?!

Yes, their big brother is a scumbag.

This blasted Cruel is now surrounded by girls.

"Ah... Cruelly is a bug." Treine decided to bully his older brother. "Didi! Didi! Look! Look! Cruelly has so many girls!"

"Yes, just look at his smug face." Deon agreed while nodding his head.

"I am not smug," Cruel responded in defense, approaching them. He stood beside them, acting like a lion guarding his cubs. Treine could not help but find this adorable older brother very easy to bully. He jumps from Deon's arms to Cruels' back and smiles at him.

"Behave."

"I do not want to," he said as he started playing with Cruel's hair.

Of course, Cruel said nothing, but his cute attack was killing him on the inside! He had been dreaming that one-day Treine would jump into his arms. It is a little gross because it is usually a romance genre trope, but Cruel can handle the embarrassment if it is for his younger brothers.

He side-eyed Deon, finally eating his favorite pudding.

"What are you looking at?" Deon asked.

"You're a messy eater." He faced Deon and took his hanky to wipe the caramel from Deon's cheeks. Deon simply waited for Cruel to finish before offering Treine a scoop.